PDA

View Full Version : Rock on-Wait, what?! o.0: Man Breaks Knee Playing Guitar Hero (and other gaming wounds)

OldeWolf
12-22-2008, 11:40 AM
You read me right. Lo and behold! The marvel of modern gaming. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/WeirdPoe/64174001gIW7Nt7sheadbang.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/WeirdPoe/guitar_rock.jpg

I was face to face with my Arch Nemesis/Very Good Friend/Roommate Craig. It was time to see who could out rock each other while playing Texas Flood.

We were neck in neck in points... I had to do something special. I needed STYLE points. I breathed deep, my rock meter was maxed out and I was going to make this audience feel it. I twisted to the right and threw my guitar in the air! Instead of a roaring audience I heard a loud snap! My knee slid to the outside of my leg and my leg bent sideways as I fell to the ground.

Half the people in the room were concerned the other half called me a pussy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/WeirdPoe/broken-knee.jpg

More info about the above story here (http://www.guitarherobrokemyknee.com/index.cfm).

Now that part is done, what's y'all experience with gaming battle wounds or going all out and emotional? Did you impale your cat with your Wiimote? Did you ninja kicked your TV screen during a failed dance dance revolution?

Let the fun begin!

uooTn_EMVcY

Generation ABXY
12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow, the Guitar Hero one sounds painful. I wonder if that's one of those instances where CPS shows up -- "And, again, you say your son busted up his leg how?"

As for the video...wow. Just wow! I'll admit I've gotten frustrated with a game before, but I don't think it has ever been quite like that... :eek:

OldeWolf
12-22-2008, 12:12 PM
RJKiqZB0mQg

AboveAvgCharles
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I've never personally suffered, but the worst I've witnessed was when, in a fit of rage at having been knocked out of the ring in Soul Calibur, one my friends leaped up from the couch and roundhouse-kicked my other friend in the throat.

Ahh, the teenage years...

OldeWolf
12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
gDiqQgZkw3E

divinechaos
12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Overly emotional stories? Oh man, I used to play Rival Schools against my little brother and beat him so bad I would make him cry. He'd want to stop and I'd say "NO! You have to beat me at least one round!" And now 3 years later he's the only one who can actually put up a fight against me. I do it 'cause I love him.

I also got my first and only spanking because I wouldn't give up my TV in my room to my mom so she could watch her show. I wanted to play that Apocalypse game for PS1 so I turned it on and never left. She walked to her room, got her belt and hit me with it maybe twice. I cried but not because I was in pain, I did it to make her feel bad. She came back after 5 minutes, apologized and told me that if I ever made her do that again she wouldn't hit me but she'd burn my PS1.

Wow... After reading these stories I realize how much of a prick I was. I swear I turned out fine!

OldeWolf
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Overly emotional stories? Oh man, I used to play Rival Schools against my little brother and beat him so bad I would make him cry. He'd want to stop and I'd say "NO! You have to beat me at least one round!" And now 3 years later he's the only one who can actually put up a fight against me. I do it 'cause I love him.

I also got my first and only spanking because I wouldn't give up my TV in my room to my mom so she could watch her show. I wanted to play that Apocalypse game for PS1 so I turned it on and never left. She walked to her room, got her belt and hit me with it maybe twice. I cried but not because I was in pain, I did it to make her feel bad. She came back after 5 minutes, apologized and told me that if I ever made her do that again she wouldn't hit me but she'd burn my PS1.

Wow... After reading these stories I realize how much of a prick I was. I swear I turned out fine!

She spanked you and threaten to burn your PS1 just because she wants to watch her show? :p

AboveAvgCharles
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Note to self: don't fuck with divinechaos' mom.

OldeWolf
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Tu70tku36AE

divinechaos
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
She spanked you and threaten to burn your PS1 just because she wants to watch her show? :p

I believe that at the time the TV in my parents room was broken and mine was the only one that worked in the house. I deserved the "spanking" though, all I did was play video games and she only wanted the TV for an hour.

Everyone vs Dinosaurs
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
That Pissed off Gamer video was painful to watch.

I thought he was going to punch through the TV at some point. Color me disappointed.

OldeWolf
12-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Might not be quite the real life but damn, comes close:

fwOHPqZz3wg