PDA

View Full Version : I shot guns.

J Arcane
12-07-2008, 09:14 PM
My friend recently acquired a brand new Colt M1911A1, one of a limited edition reprinting using the exact same casts as the original WWII models.

So of course we had to celebrate him finally paying off the layaway by loading up all his guns, and going out and firing it off into the desert at random trees and bottles of water.

Damn that thing was fucking fun to shoot. Best gun I've fired yet.

I'm hoping soon, now that I've got a nice new job, to pick up a Mosin-Nagant tanker carbine I've been eyeballing for nearly a year at the pawn shop he works at. Looking forward to that one, as well as the next time we take that 1911 out.

ClannerDelta
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Moist nuggets are fun, but watch what kind of ammo you use. Make sure to clean it extremely well if it's corrosive. Obviously a newbie tip, not sure if you need that info or not. :p

J Arcane
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Fortunately, my buddy does all the gun cleaning, so I haven't had to worry about that part.

Once I get the Nagant though, I'm gonna have to learn how to strip it and clean it, because I want that sucker kept in damn good shape. THey may've made a million of the things, and they're cheap as dirt, but the one I want is actually one of the relatively rarer ones, and I don't want to have to try and replace it. For me it's as much a classic history collectible as it is a gun, and I would like to treat it as one.

Apparently they've got a new one in with the bayonet still attached though, I need to check that one out and see if it's an original Russian make like the one I'm already planning on getting.

Spacetronaut
12-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Mosins are tons of fun to shoot, my brother picked one up over the summer. Takes some arm to work the bolt though.

J Arcane
12-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Mosins are tons of fun to shoot, my brother picked one up over the summer. Takes some arm to work the bolt though.
I'm convinced that wierd like 5 or 6 step action on the bolt iwas probably to just keep all the dumb peasants that served as Russian soldiers from jamming the things. ;)