PDA

View Full Version : East Coast CoGregation??

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 02:35 PM
So, in light of totally high-jacking the term from the other thread I have hence forth created the East Coast CoGregation.

So, where shall our East Coast CoGregation take place because those Midwesterner people aren't the only ones out there.

Show yourselves, East Coasters, I know your out there.

South Jersey reporting here...

MagGnome
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Haha, this is pathetic.

Generation ABXY
12-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm down near D.C., but in light of being on the verge of losing my home, trips seem a bit out of the question at the moment. (Besides, I'd be a very boring person to meet, I imagine - I don't drink, smoke or anything of that stuff.)

divinechaos
12-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Pathetic? I don't get it.

Anyway, I voted Atlantic City because I live in VA but if NY wins then I could probably make it.

divinechaos
12-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm down near D.C., but in light of being on the verge of losing my home, trips seem a bit out of the question at the moment. (Besides, I'd be a very boring person to meet, I imagine - I don't drink, smoke or anything of that stuff.)

Pffft, I don't do any of those either so you won't be alone. The meet-up we had at Kamalot's house was actually really damn fun and there was no alcohol. As long as there's video games I think gamers can be pretty outgoing.

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Haha, this is pathetic.

Like you can do much in the midwest anyway. ;)

That's why there's an other option there. We don't have to centralize in one city though it would obviously be a good way to gather as a group.

MagGnome
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Pathetic? I don't get it.

It was a joke from the other thread, the one Dark Prince took this idea from. No hard feelings intended. :)

Like you can do much in the midwest anyway. ;)

You do have a point there. :p

ADDGirl
12-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Well Santa and I are in South Jersey so I voted AC it only takes us 40 minutes or so to get there. As a matter of fact I was there last night with my mom

divinechaos
12-06-2008, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=MagGnome;97133]It was a joke from the other thread, the one Dark Prince took this idea from. No hard feelings intended. :)

Hahaha, I just read that thread.

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 03:07 PM
This thread is hopeless without a geographical illustration of what's considered East Coast.

Purple Santa
12-06-2008, 03:08 PM
ADD and I are boring too in this way :). Come to NJ...we can find a sofa for you...
Pffft, I don't do any of those either so you won't be alone. The meet-up we had at Kamalot's house was actually really damn fun and there was no alcohol. As long as there's video games I think gamers can be pretty outgoing.

Video game shall lead us...

I'm there for an East Coast meet up...wherever...

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 03:17 PM
At the request of JA

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/StaticXL/US_map-East_Coast.jpg

Everything dark red I consider to be East Coast...

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
At the request of JA

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=usmapeastcoasttg0.jpg

Everything dark red I consider to be East Coast...
Dude, if you're going to delete the post I fixed for you replace it with yours, at least make sure yours works. :)

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Dude, if you're going to delete the post I fixed for you replace it with yours, at least make sure yours works. :)

Ha, well...finally it works after image shack screwing me over....

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Ha, well...finally it works after image shack screwing me over....
And for those of us not familiar with the East Coast, we'll also need labels. Thanks.

Ghost Rider
12-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Hey, if you east and mid coasters are thinking of being accomodating, it would be nice if this and the mid west meet up was around the same time, that way I could go to both and kind of turn it into a really great vacation / meet up/ travel type thing.

Just a thought

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 03:33 PM
And for those of us not familiar with the East Coast, we'll also need labels. Thanks.

Labels of what? You don't know your states?

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Labels of what? You don't know your states?
I'm Scottish. Do you know the town and cities of Scotland? :)

I know the states just fine...

Evewalker
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm putting a very selfish vote in for Providence, RI. :)

Great city for gatherings and events.

Kelegacy
12-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I vote Augusta, Maine. Because I wouldn't have to commute. :)

Ghost Rider
12-06-2008, 03:43 PM

Speaking of your Scottishness, Dec 27th is a big day for you then huh?

Purple Santa
12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm putting a very selfish vote in for Providence, RI. :)

Great city for gatherings and events.
Providence is an awesome town. I loved RI when I visited...
I vote Augusta, Maine. Because I wouldn't have to commute. :)

Well if no one else votes for Maine, ADD and I will have to go crash in your shed or something sometime...

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Speaking of your Scottishness, Dec 27th is a big day for you then huh?
How so?

:confused:

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Never been to Providence that I can remember.

Let's see....you got places like...

- Boston (as long as I don't have to sit through a red sox game I'll be fine)
- Baltimore
- New York City (obviously)
- Washington DC (haven't been myself, only traveled through)
- Newark (ehh, depends if you know exactly what you want to do)
- Pittsburgh (kinda far but could be worth it)
- Philly (been a couple of times...could be interesting)

There's others besides those of course..

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 04:01 PM

- Baltimore

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to label the states in the image you posted? :)

Yes, I'm being an ass.

You missed North Carolina. Finest state in the nation, if you ask me.

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Would it be too much trouble to ask you to label the states in the image you posted? :)

Yes, I'm being an ass.

You missed North Carolina. Finest state in the nation, if you ask me.

NC is awesome, I wish we never moved.

Looks like I'll have to work on some magic in Gimp. I better get an awesome christmas present for this. :p

Raen
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
This any help James?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/angelusraven/westcoast.png

Ghost Rider
12-06-2008, 04:19 PM
How so?

:confused:

THE Derby?

Psst...Rangers Vs Celtic

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 04:27 PM
THE Derby?

Psst...Rangers Vs Celtic
Ah... Someone's paying attention.

Yes, 27/12 is a big day, but not for the whole of Scotland. I can think of tens of thousands of Hamilton Accies, St. Mirren, Dundee United, Greenock Morton, Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian, etc. fans who would disagree.

And by the way, I'm a total hun, so there's only one outcome I'll settle for - a Rangers win with at least one Celtic player being sent off.

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 04:28 PM
This any help James?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/angelusraven/westcoast.png
Raen, meet Dark Prince. Dark Prince, meet Raen. :)

Purple Santa
12-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Never been to Providence that I can remember.

- Baltimore

Newark?? Does anyone outside of NJ really think Newark is safe to walk around in? Ok, so those who live in NJ don't think so either...I think it's safer than walking around Camden...and I go to school there...let's leave Newark off that list...

Philly would be cool...Baltimore we could invade Kamalot/JayVe territory...

bapenguin
An AC meetup would be pretty hawt.

TurboKinny
Since New York and Atlantic City are closer to me than Minneapolis, can I crash yalls party if the Midwest one ends up there? :)

Thanasimos
Albany! (Or you won't see my pretty face around ;) )

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Raen, meet Dark Prince. Dark Prince, meet Raen. :)

Ha, I was about to post that pic. :p

Raen
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Ha, I was about to post that pic. :p

Lol I saved you the two minutes to colour the east cost then :p

Raen
12-06-2008, 06:04 PM
James I felt sorry for you so I made this. For any Americans I apologise for mistakes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/angelusraven/regions.png

fitbabits
12-06-2008, 06:07 PM
James I felt sorry for you so I made this. For any Americans I apologise for mistakes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/angelusraven/regions.png
That's awesome, and very much appreciated.

Quick question, though - why is there a "West" and also a "West Coast" when it's just "East" on the other coast?

Raen
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
That's awesome, and very much appreciated.

Quick question, though - why is there a "West" and also a "West Coast" when it's just "East" on the other coast?

No idea, my map is basically a compilation of wiki's maps. I know as much about the states as you :P

jpc_theoneandonly
12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I would say NYC or Albany. I am only about 2 hours or so from the former. About 4-5 hours from NYC.

Stoke
12-06-2008, 06:59 PM
No idea, my map is basically a compilation of wiki's maps. I know as much about the states as you :P

I'd throw Texas and Oklahoma in with the "south" and New Mexico in with the "west" but that's just me. Definitely seems to fit their image more.

Thanasimos
12-06-2008, 07:06 PM

That said, I find it quite accurate.

To James: As for why there's a "West" and "West Coast", but only an "East Coast", it's because all the stuff in the East that isn't on the coast or part of the South is called the Midwest, because once upon a time, that shit was on the western border. Haha.

divinechaos
12-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that Virginia is considered East Coast and not "the South."

Kelegacy
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Well if no one else votes for Maine, ADD and I will have to go crash in your shed or something sometime...

Or, you can bring Maggie instead, I'll send my pregnant missus off for the weekend and we can all sleep in the same bed!

Kelegacy
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM

That's an insult to the East Coast. :p

Raen
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM

The Commonwealth of Virginia is an American state on the Atlantic Coast of the Southern United States.

So... yeah.

MagGnome
12-06-2008, 08:31 PM

Yes, 27/12 is a big day, but not for the whole of Scotland. I can think of tens of thousands of Hamilton Accies, St. Mirren, Dundee United, Greenock Morton, Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian, etc. fans who would disagree.

And by the way, I'm a total hun, so there's only one outcome I'll settle for - a Rangers win with at least one Celtic player being sent off.

Is this post written in Chinese??? :confused:

Virginia has always been a Southern state.

Or, you can bring Maggie instead, I'll send my pregnant missus off for the weekend and we can all sleep in the same bed!

Oh, now that is a sexy offer. I am hoping to visit NYC this next year, although it's third or fourth on my list of places to go, so I might not make it.

This thread is blowing up fast. You guys might out party us Midwesterners. Damn you Dark Prince!

Or, rather, damn you Satan! :p

DoctorFinger
12-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I voted NYC because I live here, but the more I think about it, an AC throwdown could be the shit.

Dark Prince
12-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow, looks like all the options are tied. I haven't voted yet...but if anything I'd probably pick AC mostly because it's a hop and a skip away from me. (Yes, I realize that was a retarded pun, but whatev). :p

zarathstra
12-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Eh, I'm down in GA, so neither option works for me. You guys have fun without the newb!

Fubl
12-06-2008, 11:21 PM
and half of virgina considers it self EAst coast and not south.... There is a HUGE diffrence between Northern virginia and Richmond....

Goronmon
12-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I vote for Portland, ME.

Though Boston or similar area around MA would work.

MagGnome
12-07-2008, 02:14 AM
I voted for NYC.

Just sayin'. ;)

BrassGecko
12-07-2008, 05:38 AM
A three way tie at 36.36%
Hmm. :D

Purple Santa
12-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Since New York and Atlantic City are closer to me than Minneapolis, can I crash yalls party if the Midwest one ends up there? :)
Let me say I speak for all the East Coast men on here...HELL YES :o
Albany! (Or you won't see my pretty face around ;) )
We will send you cab money :D
Now how could we refuse this offer. Mags how do you feel about going to Maine for a weekend...

Ghost Rider
12-07-2008, 08:24 AM

Yeah I get that. But people still take notice of it because of the whole history.

I think Rangers need to win it anyway, if only for the mental aspect.

ADDGirl
12-07-2008, 08:48 AM

Oh, now that is a sexy offer. I am hoping to visit NYC this next year, although it's third or fourth on my list of places to go, so I might not make it.

Now how could we refuse this offer. Mags how do you feel about going to Maine for a weekend...

Dude the offer leaves me home and Santa sleeping with two men:eek:, why am I being left out of a CoG meet up?

Is there room for a fourth in the bed?

Primus
12-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Virginia has always been a Southern state.

Lived in the Northern VA, DC metro area most of my life.

Virginia is right on the Mason-Dixon line, yes is technically a Southern state (even contianing the captitol of the Confederate States of America), but if you tell that to someone from Alabama or Louisiana that you will get laughed at.

Really we are East Coast, Mid Atlantic. It kind of depends what part of VA you are talking about, but you would be hard pressed to find the cliche southerner in VA. You have Northern VA which contains Fairfax (use your pipboy for reference), the second richest area in the States (think of an East Coast Orange County for lawyers, government contractors, and congressmen) and it is one of the most metropolitan areas in the States I have experienced. Norfolk, which is about as south as you can get geopraphically in the State, but is completely dominated by the military. Richmond, which probably is about as cliche southern as the state can get due to the tobacco farms, but it is also infested with a prominent punk/ indie scene due to VCU. Then there is western VA, which is more country mountain men than southern, due to it being isolated by the Appalachians. That is where you would find the southern draw, everywhere else, however, you would not.

Back on topic, a Mid-Atlantic-ish city would more than likely be ideal. Somewhere between Atlantic City and DC.

MagGnome
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM

Are you going to pay for my flight?

If not, you can always have the other Jacob (Gilius Thunderhead). It's sort of like having a $5 tranny hooker instead of having Kate Beckinsdale, but it's something, right? :p

MagGnome
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Lived in the Northern VA, DC metro area most of my life.

I realize that the state has changed quite a bit from the Confederate days. I was just responding to another poster who was surprised that Virginia would be included in the South. Traditionally Virginia has been a Southern state, going all the way back to when Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy, as you said.

Obviously the makeup of the state has changed significantly, something that the talking heads commented on quite a bit during the election this year.

Purple Santa
12-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Are you going to pay for my flight?

If not, you can always have the other Jacob (Gilius Thunderhead). It's sort of like having a $5 tranny hooker instead of having Kate Beckinsdale, but it's something, right? :p

Decisions...decisions...cheap or expensive...well i can fly you in and give the tranny hooker Jacob fare for the train upward :). All problems solved. Kelegacy...get that bed warmed...

Raen
12-07-2008, 10:52 AM
I realize that the state has changed quite a bit from the Confederate days. I was just responding to another poster who was surprised that Virginia would be included in the South. Traditionally Virginia has been a Southern state, going all the way back to when Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy, as you said.

Obviously the makeup of the state has changed significantly, something that the talking heads commented on quite a bit during the election this year.

I'm really surprised that this much discussion came from posting a map :p Americans are crazy.

MagGnome
12-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Decisions...decisions...cheap or expensive...well i can fly you in and give the tranny hooker Jacob fare for the train upward :). All problems solved. Kelegacy...get that bed warmed...

I'll bring the massage oil!

I'm really surprised that this much discussion came from posting a map :p Americans are crazy.

Americans have a lot of issues.

inmostlight
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm also in the DC/Balitmore area, though I guess Atlantic City's only a few hours away...

Generation ABXY
12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Dude the offer leaves me home and Santa sleeping with two men:eek:, why am I being left out of a CoG meet up?

Is there room for a fourth in the bed?

They can't be trusted; we'll have to test it ourselves. I'll send you my address...bring two friends.

fitbabits
12-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah I get that. But people still take notice of it because of the whole history.

I think Rangers need to win it anyway, if only for the mental aspect.

Interesting results this weekend. Rangers gubbed Hamilton Accies 7-1, while Hibernian defeated Celtic 2-0. I guess it makes the upcoming derby a classic six-pointer.

BTW, browsing on the PS3 is hard!

raymeswh
12-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Being in Southern CT, I voted for NYC. Providence is awesome as well

Primus
12-07-2008, 12:49 PM
http://www.hollypoultry.com/images/map4.gif

Take your pick.

Jboy001
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
make it dc, just not inauguration week :)

Digital Outlaw
12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Connecticut is the middle of the east coast and would be the best for the most people to turn out.... Also, it is where I live....

Thanasimos
12-07-2008, 04:36 PM

This is getting positively exciting.

PathMaster
12-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Ugh.. Albany is closest mentioned so far. Although Connecticut is not that much farther. Atlantic City would take over 6 hours for me. Under five from Albany.

Although I too am boring. No drinking, smoking, or for that matter nothing "bad".

Ghost Rider
12-08-2008, 04:17 AM
Ugh.. Albany is closest mentioned so far. Although Connecticut is not that much farther. Atlantic City would take over 6 hours for me. Under five from Albany.

Although I too am boring. No drinking, smoking, or for that matter nothing "bad".

nothing bad would mean you're good (or neutral I guess) which can only be a good thing.

(Wow, that's quite a bit of good/bad talk in that sentence)

Rock Bandit
12-08-2008, 08:38 AM
I voted AC, if anything the boardwalk should have some good arcades.

Dark Prince
12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Wow, so despite what the poll is saying its looking like everyone would be interested in an AC meet-up. Gambling (for those that are legal of course) and games, what combination!

Mdot
12-08-2008, 09:19 AM
North Jersey reporting for duty.

Anyway, I voted for AC. Why? Because I like to get drunk, fuck hookers and gamble. Simple.

National Kato
12-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Florida here. I'd be willing to go as far as the Carolinas to meet up. NYC's a bit too far.

Sense Field
12-08-2008, 10:59 AM
How about Philadelphia? Seems like a more realistic choice then Atlantic City? anyone else agree? Have most of you ever been to AC? It's not all it's cracked up to be, Esp in the winter.

Philadelphia has excellent bar scenes, Manayunk, Old City, Ritten House.

I'm not only going to say Philadelphia, But I'm also going to suggest a place...

North Bowl (http://www.northbowlphilly.com/)

It's sort of a hipster bar/bowling alley. Check out the photos.

Full lounge upstairs. Drinks. Interesting food. Music. Arcade games and pool tables. Of course bowling. I figure, people are driving/flying far. Gambling isn't really that much fun and it creates the opportunity to LOSE more money.

After some games of bowling there is plenty to do in the northern liberties area or any of the big bar scenes are a short taxi or car ride away.

Dark Prince
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
How about Philadelphia? Seems like a more realistic choice then Atlantic City? anyone else agree? Have most of you ever been to AC? It's not all it's cracked up to be, Esp in the winter.

Philadelphia has excellent bar scenes, Manayunk, Old City, Ritten House.

I'm not only going to say Philadelphia, But I'm also going to suggest a place...

North Bowl (http://www.northbowlphilly.com/)

It's sort of a hipster bar/bowling alley. Check out the photos.

Full lounge upstairs. Drinks. Interesting food. Music. Arcade games and pool tables. Of course bowling. I figure, people are driving/flying far. Gambling isn't really that much fun and it creates the opportunity to LOSE more money.

After some games of bowling there is plenty to do in the northern liberties area or any of the big bar scenes are a short taxi or car ride away.

That is an interesting choice. Philly is only about an hour an 45 minute drive or so from me.

AC would make things pretty boring in the winter, but hmmm, we need to figure out when to do this as well.

pheriannath
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I fall within the geographical area mapped in Fallout 3, so AC or DC would work best for me.

Rock Bandit
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I fall within the geographical area mapped in Fallout 3, so AC or DC would work best for me.

I'm down with meeting up at Megaton. We can hang out at Moriarty's and then go throw things at the Church Of The Atom wackos.

Sandman
12-08-2008, 12:50 PM
We need something for those of us in the south.

National Kato
12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm down with meeting up at Megaton. We can hang out at Moriarty's and then go throw things at the Church Of The Atom wackos.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Megaton is no more. <evil dry hand-washing>

Khrymsyn
12-08-2008, 02:00 PM
you know... Sense, if people weren't for the North Bowl, we could always hit Dave and Busters followed by a visit to the Helium Comedy Club?

QueQueg
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
North Carolina is probably the most centrally central of the eastern coastal states...

I'm just say'n.

National Kato
12-08-2008, 02:32 PM
North Carolina is probably the most centrally central of the eastern coastal states...

I'm just say'n.

Yes, sir, it is. And would result in at least one extra attendee. Just say'n.

QueQueg
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Megaton is no more. <evil dry hand-washing>

What about Tenpenny Tower? I hear that's a nice place.... ewww, ghouls you say? Every tenant dead in the basement? Yeah, I don't know anything about that.