PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox LIVE Arcade] Original Banjo-Kazooie Adventure Coming 12/03

fitbabits
12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/fitbabits/Logos/logo1.jpg

Banjo-Kazooie and platform genre fans unite. Rare’s famous honey bear Banjo and breegull Kazooie will be available for purchase this Wednesday via Xbox LIVE Arcade in the form of Original Banjo-Kazooie Adventure.

There's a story to this game, and here it is in a nutshell. Gruntilda, the evil witch of this yarn (with a name like that could she be anything but?), has kidnapped Banjo's sister, Tooty. Why? Something to do with Tooty having a cooler name (and possibly also something to do with Gruntilda's ugly mug compared to Tooty's) would be my bet.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/fitbabits/Logos/banjokazooie.jpg

So what's a loving brother to do? Obviously you get your best breegull pal, in this case Kazooie, and set off on a rescue mission/adventure involving all manner of platforming hijinks in an effort to rescue your sister from Gruntilda's warty grasp.

Developed by Rare Ltd., “Banjo-Kazooie” will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points worldwide. The game is rated E10+ for Everyone over the age of 10 by the ESRB.

TheFlyingOrc
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
This is a very good game, and the Click Clock Wood music WILL get stuck in your head.

edit: I wonder if they left in the codes that were supposed to work between this game and the sequel, but that the sequel never utilized?

Mike Kelehan
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
There's a story to this game, and here it is in a nutshell. Gruntilda, the evil witch of this yarn (with a name like that could she be anything but?), has kidnapped Banjo's sister, Tooty. Why? Something to do with Tooty having a cooler name (and possibly also something to do with Gruntilda's ugly mug compared to Tooty's) would be my bet.

Your second guess is actually dead-on. Gruntilda built a cute-sucker to transfer the adorable from Tooty to herself, leading to a really creepy bad ending.

I wonder if they left in the codes that were supposed to work between this game and the sequel, but that the sequel never utilized?

Now the Stop n' Swop goes between this game and Nuts and Bolts, rather than between this and Tooie.

TheFlyingOrc
12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Your second guess is actually dead-on. Gruntilda built a cute-sucker to transfer the adorable from Tooty to herself, leading to a really creepy bad ending.

Am I remembering wrong, or did Tooty pretty much disappear in the second game?

Now the Stop n' Swop goes between this game and Nuts and Bolts, rather than between this and Tooie.
Well, it didn't actually used to do anything.

PS, the codes you want to use in the sandcastle are -

BANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS

and, I believe -

NOWYOUCANFLYHIGHINTHESKY

Unlimited eggs AND flying.

Ondo
12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
That's right. And the only mention of her I saw in Nuts & Bolts was a reference to her only appearing in the first game.

KamaItachi
12-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I got screwed out of my pre-order code for this from EB, but I really don't care. This is an arcade game I'd have no issues paying full price for.

Suave Peanut
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Wait, so the game is called "Original Banjo-Kazooie Adventure"? Like, that's how the name will look to my friends list?

Iron Past
12-01-2008, 04:57 PM

When you hit the "Game Over" screen, Gruntila's actually pretty hot when she steps out...

Wait, so the game is called "Original Banjo-Kazooie Adventure"? Like, that's how the name will look to my friends list?

No, it just shows up as Banjo-Kazooie; you can check my profile.

Suave Peanut
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
No, it just shows up as Banjo-Kazooie; you can check my profile.
:sigh of relief:

Matthias
12-01-2008, 05:11 PM

Well, it didn't actually used to do anything.

PS, the codes you want to use in the sandcastle are -

BANJOBEGSFORPLENTYOFEGGS

and, I believe -

NOWYOUCANFLYHIGHINTHESKY

Unlimited eggs AND flying.

Yeah, the only mention of her in Tooie is her face posted on the "missing" side on the back of a milk carton in the last real level.

And the codes were pretty cool, but they took FOREVER to slam into the sandcastle. Also, there are/were codes to unlock all of the hidden eggs, including a few that weren't shown in the endgame movie

Variable Gear
12-01-2008, 05:14 PM
When you hit the "Game Over" screen, Gruntila's actually pretty hot when she steps out...
Ahem, that's what I thought as well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnA_6I4y0_0)... :o

yeti
12-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Ahem, that's what I thought as well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnA_6I4y0_0)... :o

I'd like to see her and Jessica Rabbit fight it out in a bowl of jelly!:):confused::eek::D

MagGnome
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I never got into this game back in the day. I played it a bit and it just didn't grab me.

I'll definitely try the demo though.

Ondo
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Also, there are/were codes to unlock all of the hidden eggs, including a few that weren't shown in the endgame movie
You don't need codes to unlock the eggs in this version; they've all just been there, easily accessible, for me. It's possible that's only because I've played through Nuts & Bolts.

Purple Santa
12-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I never got into this game back in the day. I played it a bit and it just didn't grab me.

I'll definitely try the demo though.

Well you are an older wiser gamer now :D. You will enjoy it...

Kojak
12-01-2008, 10:10 PM
oh dear, nostalgia hit iminant. Played the hell out of the first Banjo game so will definately be getting this. I assume they will be releasig the sequel at some stage because I never got to finish that but really when you think about how dark was Banjo Tooie compared to the first or even nuts and bolts. The stuff that happened to Bottles at the start. The levles themselves.

Variable Gear
12-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Rare is has always made dark games. Sometimes you've got to look a little to find it, but there's always a bit of subterfuge.

Ondo
12-02-2008, 03:11 AM
I assume they will be releasig the sequel at some stage
Yeah, Banjo-Tooie is coming "early 2009".

Kojak
12-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Oh yeah I'm kind of new to this, are Australian and American X-Box live Identicle? So Australia should be getting it the same time as you guys right? Its not the Wii?

menage
12-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Oh yeah I'm kind of new to this, are Australian and American X-Box live Identicle? So Australia should be getting it the same time as you guys right? Its not the Wii?

Almost always it's always on Wednesday worldwide. except for Tetris and a few others for some stupid reason which probably had to do with licensing.

I wonder if I will like this if I never played the original. I do love platformers.

Whimbrel
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I got screwed out of my pre-order code for this from EB, but I really don't care. This is an arcade game I'd have no issues paying full price for.

I pre-ordered Banjo also at Gamestop, but when I went in to pick it up they said they did not have any more bonus codes to give out. They gave me a customer service number. I called the number, verified my receipt # and they emailed me a code within 24 hours. You should still be good.