PDA

View Full Version : NXE killed my 360 :(

squirrelTactics
11-24-2008, 12:07 AM
I had just enough time to create my avatar, then kabloomers.

:(

Also, they make you get your own box now?! What the fuck?!

carnage11
11-24-2008, 01:31 AM

Nope. You just have to persuade them. They tried that shit with me and I was like "Uh..no. Send me a box." So they did. They still have the coffins, they just don't advertise them out right. You have to ask.

Shjinta
11-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah.. really making me want to turn on my 360 now... Tempted to play Blitz 2...but not at the cost of my 360.. She's so old...Don't want her to break now.

VerseD
11-24-2008, 02:05 AM

How old is your system? Just curious if this is more likely with systems of a certain age.

squirrelTactics
11-24-2008, 12:31 PM
It was a launch system, so I've been expecting this for about 3 years. I kind of feel like my 360 is that cancer patient that gets told he has 3 months to live, then surpasses that, expecting death every day.

Purple Santa
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
It was a launch system, so I've been expecting this for about 3 years. I kind of feel like my 360 is that cancer patient that gets told he has 3 months to live, then surpasses that, expecting death every day.

This is mine too. I've had the signs it's ready to croak...only to hang on. I am predicting when I can game for hours and hours on end next month...it may be the end of the line. Ms. Claus really wants to buy one of the new Elites but low cash flow is nixing that for a xmas present. I think i'm going to stock up on some old PS2 JRPGs...

vodkajello
11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Indeed.

The only problem is that if you have a launch system the RROD problem is about to be out of warranty as well.

The real question is: If you have a launch system that is approaching the end of the 3 year RROD warranty extension do you wrap it in a towel to kill it intentionally to get the unavoidable flaw fixed? or do you wait and see if it happens at all? Eventually that Xbox will fail with the billion dollar problem.

Do you want to pay for it when it happens out of warranty, or do you give it a gentle push over the edge?

vodkajello
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM

There is the option to provide your own packing and print a shipping label, or you can still request a box be sent out.

Printing the label can save you 4 days waiting for their box to get to you.

carnage11
11-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Indeed.

The only problem is that if you have a launch system the RROD problem is about to be out of warranty as well.

The real question is: If you have a launch system that is approaching the end of the 3 year RROD warranty extension do you wrap it in a towel to kill it intentionally to get the unavoidable flaw fixed? or do you wait and see if it happens at all? Eventually that Xbox will fail with the billion dollar problem.

Do you want to pay for it when it happens out of warranty, or do you give it a gentle push over the edge?

Wrap a towel around it and smother it to death. Get it fixed, the new ones are good to go. Mine is quite, and runs cool. I am hoping this one will last until the next gen comes.