PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang Theory

Skull3r
11-23-2008, 07:20 AM
Anybody else watching this show? I'm addicted. I'm surprised. CBS is coming out with a lot of good shows that I didn't expect to be good. Between this and How I Met Your Mother, I think CBS has the two best comedies out there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/

Iron Past
11-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I've brought it up before, but everyone here is offened or something because it's about nerds. Well, I brought it up on EvAv, at least. Still funny, and I'm finding The New Adventures of Old Christine (never gave it a chance) and even Gary Unmarried (which I completely expected to suck) good Wednesday night shows.

DoctorFinger
11-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm not offended because they're nerds. I'm offended because it's a crappy sit-com ;)

Zonkuya
11-23-2008, 07:53 AM
First season of Big Bang Theory was ok, it had that "complicated science := Funny!" premise that was fresh. Second season... I don't know where they're going with it now.

Still watching tho. Girl next door is hot. :D

rein
11-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Since I'm a tv whore and watch most anything, yes, I watch it. I agree with Zonk about not knowing where they are going this season but it hasn't stopped them from having some funny episodes.

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, andóas it always hasórock crushes scissors.

TrackZero
11-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm not offended because they're nerds. I'm offended because it's a crappy sit-com ;)

Agreed. I gave the show a shot a few times, I wouldn't call it bad. But it wasn't good enough for me to keep watching.

Also, it's just got one big caveat. You can't make a show with "nerds" as the lead characters, then have them reference things that are factually untrue. Kinda ruins the whole thing.

c0m3d14n
11-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Anybody else watching this show? I'm addicted. I'm surprised. CBS is coming out with a lot of good shows that I didn't expect to be good. Between this and How I Met Your Mother, I think CBS has the two best comedies out there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/

i like both series too, but my roommate hates big bang..
i suspect it is because he is sheldon light ;)

Raen
11-23-2008, 09:04 AM
All three of us in my flat watch this show religiously. It's far better than most of the crap that some how finds it way to air.

Hexxagonal
11-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I hate it because it's not funny and Chuck Lorre is not funny. He has never done a good show in his life. Two and a half men isn't funny. Dharma and Greg wasn't funny. Grace Under Fire wasn't funny.

btw - I've seen three episodes of bbt.

Adam Blue
11-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Bbt is ok, I will watch it if I'm waiting for HIMYM. It has good dialog, but the storylines are boring. I also think 2 and a half men is is good...but only in minor doses. The only show I watch religiously is HIMYM.

pomeroy
11-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Between this and How I Met Your Mother, I think CBS has the two best comedies out there.

I do like How I Met Your Mother, but the two best comedies are 30 Rock and The Office.

Skull3r
11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm still surprised that both of these gems are coming from CBS. I really never watched their network for good shows before. Also, as for not knowing where two series are going, I'm not really sure where The Office and 30 Rock are going. The Office basically wrote in and wrote out a character within a couple of episodes (Hollie), and never really gave a good explanation for why Toby's back. 30 Rock I thought was funny just to sit through, but really doesn't have a recurring theme.

I think that Big Bang Theory actually does have a direction where it's going. It's obvious that one of the key story line plots is the whole Penny/Leonard thing. I guess that's the only multi-episode story plot, other that Sheldon trying to find an adequate experiment to work on.

Oh yea, I forgot about Chuck. Another great show (from nbc). As for the shows I'll be watching for the next couple of weeks, its a relatively short list (and also ranking them):

The Office
How I met your mother
Big Bang Theory
Chuck

I watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report on hulu during my lunch time. I don't really count those, since they're part of my daily routine.

Purple Santa
11-23-2008, 10:42 PM
This is a show Ms. Claus and I watch religiously. Just makes us laugh a lot. That's good enough for us. Not many shows can do that.

Psykoboy2
11-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I hate it because it's not funny and Chuck Lorre is not funny.

Maybe not his sitcoms, but I love his vanity cards at the end of the episodes.

muddi900
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Bbt is ok, I will watch it if I'm waiting for HIMYM. It has good dialog, but the storylines are boring. I also think 2 and a half men is is good...but only in minor doses. The only show I watch religiously is HIMYM.

HIMYM is the best American sitcom right now*. You learn something new every week;)

"The Naked Man works 2 outta 3 times, guaranteed"

Also, check this out; 50 reasons to have sex (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/community/50_reasons/index.php)

*before you say Always Sunny, keep in mind that its not a real sitcom.