PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy....

Serapth
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
A 24" ipad.

Figure the exact same guts as an ipad2, just with a 24" screen. With two other features, the ability to control it remotely with a iPhone or ipad, and a TV wall mount/charger.

Say a 1200usd msrp, would you buy such a thing?

Would have made this a poll, but I'm using tapatalk.

Widgetcraft
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm still puzzled by the need for a regular iPad... so no. Wouldn't a PC with a touch-screen monitor be vastly superior?

biosc1
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm still puzzled by the need for a regular iPad... so no. Wouldn't a PC with a touch-screen monitor be vastly superior?

Exactly. HP has been doing that for a while now with some of their PCs and they are wall-mountable as well.

I guess the question could be...'Would you like to see a wall-mounted 24" iMac that can be controlled with an iDevice?"

Sure...I suppose...but 24" is awfully small. I would like to see a 50" Google TV managed by an Android device. Or any 50"+ tv with an OS of choice operated by a mobile device of choice.

Though, at that size, I would probably only be watching tv anyways and I my remote control handles my Windows 7 MC and regular PC just fine.

So..long story short, no.

Serapth
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Exactly. HP has been doing that for a while now with some of their PCs and they are wall-mountable as well.

I guess the question could be...'Would you like to see a wall-mounted 24" iMac that can be controlled with an iDevice?"

Sure...I suppose...but 24" is awfully small. I would like to see a 50" Google TV managed by an Android device. Or any 50"+ tv with an OS of choice operated by a mobile device of choice.

Though, at that size, I would probably only be watching tv anyways and I my remote control handles my Windows 7 MC and regular PC just fine.

So..long story short, no.

I view 24 inch as important as its big enough to be used as a bedroom TV, especially in a dorm environment, but still small and light enough to be portable, so you could pull it off the wall and use it like a Microsoft Surface style device at a desk.

Narradisall
04-24-2011, 12:24 PM
No, just, no.

resikel
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I would prefer something more like this...no fingerprint-y.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/minorityreport.jpg

Hawkzombie
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Everyone knows that sort of setup is only gonna be used by guys in college taking video editing courses and kids who pirate it off the internet to make Anime Music Videos.

johnperkins21
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I might be interested in a 24" tablet, but I wouldn't buy anything from Apple.

Wraith
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
It's rumored that the next iMac will be touchscreen capable, and have a stand that will let you use it vertical, or in a lower angled position.

An iPad at 24" is certainly not portable, so a more powerful platform like the iMac (with full OS) makes more sense, if you're only going to be moving it around the house/office anyway.

Xerxes
04-24-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't know how to say this, but in terms of me...

Would I buy a even bigger ipod touch:
No, I don't even want the normal one or the bigger one.

Would that shit sell like hot cakes:
You bet your sweet ass it would. In record numbers.

Improvements:
Somehow include appletv.

muddi900
04-24-2011, 02:28 PM
An ipad is portable?

I said it when they announced the ipad and I'll say it again; we do not need another device built around the interface. We need operating systems to support multiple interfaces, a la Iron Man and Avatar.

So, no I wouldn't buy 24" tablet. I would buy a 10" wireless(or wired) touchscreen monitor for my PC.

Wraith
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
An ipad is portable?An iPad is at least as portable as an "ultraportable" laptop. A device with a 24" screen wouldn't be designed for the same kind of portability.

muddi900
04-24-2011, 02:53 PM
An iPad is at least as portable as an "ultraportable" laptop. A device with a 24" screen wouldn't be designed for the same kind of portability.

See it's only been a week back, I forget to plum. :D

Purple Santa
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes.

2short.

evilgoodwin
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Maybe, leaning more towards probably not.

Sandman
04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't know how to say this, but in terms of me...

Would I buy a even bigger ipod touch:
No, I don't even want the normal one or the bigger one.

Would that shit sell like hot cakes:
You bet your sweet ass it would. In record numbers.

Improvements:
Somehow include appletv.

This. I wouldn't, but people would....oh yes, people would.

also, this was post #5,000 for me

Philonious
04-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Never ever? Never ever.

fitbabits
04-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Nope. I can see the use for the current iPad, but a 24-incher would just be stupid, over-priced overkill. Which means there's an audience already out there for it.