PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Canadians: Gears of War 2 LTD Edition Issues

Virtual Machine
11-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Living in Canada? The bilingual packaging highjinks continue:

An issue, which appears to be prevalent in all versions of the Canadian release of the Gears of War 2:Limited Edition has popped up:

The advertised "Hardcover Art Book" is only included in FRENCH, while us English speakers only get a softcover version, which comes shrinkwrapped to the back of the packaging. As of right now, it seems to be a widespread issue on ALL Bilingual copies of the game, and the representatives over at 1-800-4MY-XBOX have no knowledge on the issue, or whether or not Microsoft is going to take any action to remedy the problem.

Thanks guys.

PS: I'm still waiting on my DLC code for Fable 2.

Spigot
11-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Friggin' bilingual crap. You'd think by now that the game publishers wouldn't be running into this kind of nonsense.

Konami had a bad run last fall where most of their games were delayed because of bilingual packaging issues and No More Heroes was delayed up here by several weeks (almost a month) because of the bilingual packaging.

This is a pretty cheap move on Microsoft's part though. I hope there's a way to get the advertised hardcover edition without jumping through too many hoops.

Gormanimal
11-07-2008, 09:23 AM
That's surprising and shitty. Usually the French version is the one shrinkwrapped to the back of the case.

Iron Past
11-07-2008, 10:04 AM
MS is kinda striking out on the packaging this year, huh?

Deunnero
11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Too bad about the mix-up with the French/English versions. My regular version has a code for maps, is that supposed to be the case?

PS: I'm still waiting on my DLC code for Fable 2.

I was talking to support earlier this week, and apparently the codes will be emailed next week. They told me to call back Thursday if I didn't receive it by then.

biosc1
11-07-2008, 11:26 AM
...and this is why I date a French Immersion teacher...she can read to me aloud from the hardcover.

Oh...what a splendid evening I have planned :p

Too bad about the mix-up with the French/English versions. My regular version has a code for maps, is that supposed to be the case?

Yah, they are one time use only though. The idea is to reduce the amount of sales of used copies by supplying the buyers of new copies with a one use code.

Deunnero
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
...and this is why I date a French Immersion teacher...she can read to me aloud from the hardcover.

Oh...what a splendid evening I have planned :p

Yah, they are one time use only though. The idea is to reduce the amount of sales of used copies by supplying the buyers of new copies with a one use code.

That sounds familiar ... guess I read it here somewhere. Thanks. :)