PDA

View Full Version : Banjo-Kazooie Reviews

Iron Past
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
They're already comming in (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/935846.asp). There's only a few up so far, but it's possitive.

I really, really don't get the Team Xbox one, though. First off, all the recent reviews I've seen from that guy are low scoring ones, so go figure. But the only reason I can find in the entire review to give it a 7.4 (out of ten) is that "it seems like a niche title." 7.4 is not neccessarily low, but it is for them and it seems like Team Xbox changed their review system and didn't bother telling anyone.

jacob.armitage
11-05-2008, 10:45 AM
while i found i enjoyed the demo more than expected, i just couldn't shake the desire for a true Banjo Kazooie 3. Especially after the excellent Mario galaxy, i just really want a next gen platformer! I'm hoping that if this is successful we will receive a true BK3.

at least there is mushroom men to look forward to for a new platformer.

AgtFox
11-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe Team Xbox is becoming more ingrained with IGN as a whole even though IGN scored it higher.

Norse
11-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Eurogamer has just posted theirs:

But whereas a traditional platform game could survive a sequence of poor levels, or even succeed in spite of a majority with a world as lovely as this, with characters so delightful and secrets so pleasing to uncover, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is not a platform game. The game it has become instead demands thoughtful, exciting challenges that inspire the player to pitch in and help get the most out of each level, but it fails to provide them, and even though it's worth persevering with for the occasional hurdles race, egg-and-spoon and a game-world in aptly Rare form, ultimately it's a brilliant shell with a mostly hollow centre. (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=283006&page=2)

The demo confirmed my fear; this isn't my kind of game. A bit sad actually since I loved the look and the character design. Rare always nails that IMHO.

Norse
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
1UP gives it an A-!!!??:

The combination of a surprisingly lengthy single-player game and a robust multiplayer mode make this one game that just about anyone can enjoy. While the challenges get a little repetitive, the ability to create and operate custom vehicles -- both online and off -- make Nuts & Bolts a unique, entertaining spin on the everyday platformer. (http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171140&p=4)

divinechaos
11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
I think Rare made a smart move in releasing both Nuts and Bolts AND the original port. Those of us who can't stand the lack of platforming in Bolts can always go back and play the original with better graphics.

KamaItachi
11-05-2008, 11:06 PM
I loved the demo. It was Toy Commander mixed with Disney World and Catch the Pigeon.

Some people seem to be a bit down on the customisation, saying that aside from the fun of mucking about, there doesn't seem to be much in it. may be that this is more noticable in the full game, but I found there were some ingenious designs that you come up with in the demo.

In the football challenge, for example, I fitted out the normal pushing vehicle with springs on the front and literally fired in goals from across the field. I'd love to see what some people come up with with the full set of parts at their disposal.

UnderHero5
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I loved the demo. It was Toy Commander mixed with Disney World and Catch the Pigeon.

Some people seem to be a bit down on the customisation, saying that aside from the fun of mucking about, there doesn't seem to be much in it. may be that this is more noticable in the full game, but I found there were some ingenious designs that you come up with in the demo.

In the football challenge, for example, I fitted out the normal pushing vehicle with springs on the front and literally fired in goals from across the field. I'd love to see what some people come up with with the full set of parts at their disposal.

Yeah. When I first tried the demo, I didn't give it much time, and came away disappointed. However, I gave the demo a better chance tonight, and I'm glad I did. It took a little while, but it grew on me. I did the same thing you just mentioned in a challenge that required me to hit a little yellow guy as far as I could. I kept trying to just ram it, then finally I was like, "okay you little fuck... YOU ARE GOING FLYING" and I built "The Kicker", with 4 springs on the front, which sent that little bastard flying the required 250 feet.

Very fun, and it's now back on pre-order from Amazon.

menage
11-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Shame the EU version is still has a full price tag instead of the cheaper one the US is getting. I'll buy it when it hits the bargain bins. No more money. Also I haven't even started LBP properly yet, so my building needs will give that a decent shot first.