PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Trailer

DoctorFinger
01-19-2011, 09:31 AM
bosMqxxkgy4

With the announcement of a date & price for the Nintendo 3DS, we're now getting some more info on the games for the system. Including Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, a mash-up of Resident Evil characters including Hunk, Krauser and both Redfields. The game has you taking on waves of enemies in timed stages based on classic RE environments, and includes online co-op.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will be out this summer for the 3DS.

KamaItachi
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I was stupidly holding out hope that this would be a launch title, but Summer is close enough.

I was a big fan of the Mercenary games in 4 and 5 stepped up quite a bit. I'd really like 4 player co-op, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Widgetcraft
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
The graphics are certainly impressive, and I could see this kind of shooter being a good portable title.

MagGnome
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Does Resident Evil really count as survival horror anymore? They are basically action games, at this point.

The graphics are nice, but I lost interest in this series over the years. The last one that I enjoyed was Code: Veronica.

KamaItachi
01-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Does Resident Evil really count as survival horror anymore? They are basically action games, at this point.

The graphics are nice, but I lost interest in this series over the years. The last one that I enjoyed was Code: Veronica.

They've prettty much been run and gun since 3, not counting Veronica.
Revelations looks to be making a huge step back to the old Survival Horror style, but I genuinely don't have any issue with what direction the games go in as long as they're good.

Blue
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know much about this game. Is there a story here or is it more of a multiplayer experience with different modes and the like to play with weapon upgrades?