PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky RRoD?

Philonious
10-31-2008, 12:22 AM
My 360 just momentarily RRoD'd. I had been playing Fallout for about 4 hours straight (and for most of the past 14 hours) when the colours and 3D effects started screwing up. So I finished up my quest and restarted my 360 only to witness the RRoD. When I tried again a few seconds later everything (seemed) to be working fine again. Is there any chance of my 360 making a full recovery or can I now justify picking up an Elite, since this is obviously the kiss of death? (Is it still covered? I grabbed it the February it launched and am too tired to do math.)

Everyone vs Dinosaurs
10-31-2008, 12:36 AM
It is giving you the teaser for its dramatic death scene.

Wolvie
10-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh shit, your graphics card is dying. Just milk it till it dies completely, then snag that elite.

Narradisall
10-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Seems like its going to brick. Prices on 360's are dropping in the run up to christmas so now is the time to buy!

wyeast
10-31-2008, 07:22 AM
If you can make the claim on RRoD, it's still under warranty. (Mine's the same age as yours)

But only for RRoD. :mad:

Philonious
10-31-2008, 08:25 AM
RRoD again this morning, starts up on the second try... With graphical glitches. Third, fourth, fifth and sixth starts all: RRoD. It HAD been a fun ride. I'm thinking that I'll send for a coffin and ask that they also send me a transfer cable and then pick up an Elite Holiday Bundle ASAP.

Mashidar
10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
My 2nd xbox 360 hit the RRoD issue yesterday morning. Sucked that I just got Fallout 3 in the mail from Gamefly and Gears comes out next week. But I'll send it off today and get it back by the end of november I hope.

All is not lost though, I did pick up Fallout 3 for the PC instead and at least Resistance 2 comes out on the 4th.

Philonious
10-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Last time I mentioned picking up an Elite, Fits made some cryptic comment on waiting... Anyone have any such advice now? I've been meaning to grab the larger hard-drive since we'll shortly be able to install games and, before it died, my 360 was definitely one of the loud ones, so I had been thinking of replacing it anyway. Sure they'll always be a newer model, but is there anything wrong with the current holiday bundle?

Dukefrukem
10-31-2008, 10:28 AM
I've had that before playing Dead Rising.