PDA

View Full Version : World at War MP Beta Now Available on Games for Windows

fitbabits
10-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Activision today announced the launch of the multiplayer beta for Call of Duty: World at War.

To guarantee yourself a token for entry, simply pre-order the game at any GameStop location in North America, or online at http://www.gamestop.com.

There is, however, one other way to get yourself a token. Limited tokens will be available to those who sign up at http://www.callofduty.com.

The Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer betas will provide players with an opportunity to play up to Level 40 as U.S. Marines, German Wehrmacht, Japanese Imperial Army and Russian Red Army factions in a variety of game types (Team Death Match, Free-For-All, Capture the Flag and War), across three different maps:

Castle: The Imperial Japanese Army faces off against the Marine Raiders in a daytime battle, located on the grounds of an ancient, Japanese castle.
Makin: The U.S. Marine Raiders square off against the Imperial Japanese Army in a nighttime fight, set in an outpost on the Makin Atoll in the Pacific.
Roundhouse: The Wehrmacht will fight the Red Army to the bitter end in a daytime struggle that features tank and infantry combat, set in a desolate, war-torn European train depot.

The Games for Windows beta will last for a few weeks; however, the full battle will begin on November 11, 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War is released to retailers nationwide.

SPBTooL
10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I got my code Yesterday. Now I just need to see if my PC will run it. If not, I will just keep playing it on the 360 when I need a break from Fable II.

Well:
Minimum System Requirements:

* CPU: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz +
* Memory: 512MB (XP) / 1GB (VISTA)
* HD Space: 8 Gigabyte
* Gfx Card: 256MB Nvidia 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or higher (Shader 3.0 or better)

I have an ATI 1300 so I don't quite meet the minimum specs. So....Who want's it?

Sl1pstream
10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
AXJ9-TXSA-4UJC-CUUW-E75D

Since I'm not going to try the PC beta and they sent me one anyway.

Re3x
10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Got my code.

SilentScreams
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Just spent the best part of 3 hours playing. It's good, but it still has most of the annoying little traits that put me off CoD 4.

A knife is still instant-kill regardless of where they hit you.
Juggernaught is still way too powerful.
Retards still run around firing rocket launchers into your face at point blank range.
Most of the guns have little/no recoil whatsoever.
The 3 maps they have released are pretty poor.
There is still no way to just play for fun without affecting your kill/death ratio.
It still spawns you right in front of enemies or spawns enemies right behind you.

It's pretty much just CoD 4 with a WW2 skin, warts and all.

araczynski
10-30-2008, 10:47 PM
played it for 5 minutes, could never tell who the hell was on who's side, so uninstalled.