PDA

View Full Version : Does This Happen To You?

rein
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Want to know what I fn' hate? Typing up a long reply and some how hitting back or reload or some other BS that sends me back a page or two before I post it only to return to find my reply gone and having to try to remember my original reply!!! Why has this been happening to me a lot lately? It used to never happen and now it's two or three times a week! Not just here at COG either. :mad:

Handmade.Mercury
07-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Usually, I can manage to get my reply back. I don't know how, though.

digitalErich
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't know if it's just Firefox that does this or what, but I can usually hit Back and my text is in the entry box, at least for CoG's board software.

fitbabits
07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Want to know what I fn' hate? Typing up a long reply and some how hitting back or reload or some other BS that sends me back a page or two before I post it only to return to find my reply gone and having to try to remember my original reply!!! Why has this been happening to me a lot lately? It used to never happen and now it's two or three times a week! Not just here at COG either. :mad:
Put simply, you're getting old and losing your marbles.

Dukefrukem
07-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Chrome saves your replies. <3 Chrome.

Hawkzombie
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, Firefox can save them sometimes.

rein
07-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Put simply, you're getting old and losing your marbles.
I thought that might be it but it looks like it is happening to some of the younger ones around here too. At least the part about the page going back before hitting reply. (It makes me feel a little better. :))

OMG! It just happened. I was no where near the alt key and as I hit the "T" key my tool bar highlighted. My keyboard is possessed.

Karak
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Opera baby. Saves it and if it does go away you can keyboard shortcut it back. Love it.

Dukefrukem
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
No sense to get opera when you have this (http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/browserStatistics.action).

Hawkzombie
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Meh...I just like Firefox. I really don't want to get used to a new browser.

roboninja
07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
I tend to start a Gmail, hit tab after my opening line (to indent), and then once I hit space, off goes the email. Of course, tab moved the focus on the page to the Send button. I love sending emails to various customer support addresses with the contents:

Hello,

Serapth
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
So you feel less crazy, yes it happens to me on occasion, and yes, I use Chrome.

Frankly though, I fuck up more often using Tapatalk, accidently hitting back instead of menu to submit. Done that toooooooo many times.

Gwinny
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
I hate when that happens! Sometimes just moving forward again works, sometimes it doesn't.

I use the Lazarus extension for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6984/). Make sure you set it to delete saved forms after a day or two, both for privacy reasons and to keep the database size trim (though with text it doesn't grow by huge leaps and bounds or anything).

Karak
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Ug. I just rethought about how horrible this would be. I do indeed love Opera. Sounds like Firefox has some plugins for it though at least.

LongStepMantis
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
This site always gets me, although not in the same way. I can log in, walk away from my pc for 30 minutes, come back, and I'm still logged in.

However, if I type a reply in the reply field, it's like it starts an invisible timer. I can't count how many times I've finished a somewhat long reply, hit the button to complete it, and am told I no longer have the permissions to post because I've been logged out. Not really a complaint, just odd because it only seems to time me out if I'm typing. I've started copying the my reply before I hit the button just because it loves to get me with this.

Doogie2K
07-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Notepad FTW. Can't hit "Back" in Notepad.