PDA

View Full Version : Fifa World Cup Final 2:30EST [NED-SPA]

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey folks! Just a reminder that the final is on today at 2:30 est. Pick your stations, grab your vuvezelas and drink some beer.

(I wish it was Ned-Ger)

muddi900
07-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Ghana

*keepinthedreamalive*

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Ghana

*keepinthedreamalive*

Heh, tbh, I really wish they would have made it to the semifinals.

Doogie2K
07-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Ghana

*keepinthedreamalive*

I felt so bad for Gyan when that happened. I knew the game was lost when that happened; there was no way they could recover after that sort of a heartbreaker.

Sort of fitting that Forlan did the exact same thing to preserve German victory yesterday. Feel bad for the guy, but it seemed apropos.

divinechaos
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I got Netherlands!!

Sandman
07-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Go España!

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 11:18 AM
You can watch it live here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/watch/

Very good quality for a stream. Only one minor problem is that it sometimes goes out of focus for a few seconds.

Narradisall
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Spain ftw.

The Octopus never lies.

muddi900
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Spain are going to lose because I coughed when my friend said they were going to win.

Satertek
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Nederland!

Edit: And in the first minute Spain already hamming it up with multiple fake injuries.

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Kick-off!

The link is now up if you want to watch: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/live/match64.html

muddi900
07-11-2010, 12:39 PM
"The match is over
please watch some of our other live matches."

I have decided that I don't care enough to watch this and will watch the x-files instead. I will leave you with this.

xN1WN0YMWZU

Superman's Dead
07-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Slovakia, guys. We're coming back next year.

Zero
07-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Stop fucking diving assholes! All of you.

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Stop fucking diving assholes! All of you.

There were also some pretty fuckin' brutal challenges mixed in. I predict somebody is getting red carded around the '70-80 mark when things typically heat up.

iHap
07-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! :)

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! Go Orange GO! :)

Oranje?! :cool:

Stoke
07-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Is the ref getting paid by the card here?

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I blame the players... so many rash challenges and childishness. Pretty disappointing spectacle all around IMO. I saw better soccer in the quarterfinals.

Lance Uppercut
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
The 3rd place game was more exciting than the final. Nice.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8628/1278879522305.jpg

On the bright side, I had a nice nap between the closing minutes of the 1st half and the middle of the 2nd.

Zero
07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Christ. Two fucking dives within seconds of each other. What an awful fucking final.

Zero
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Is it me or does every Spain player want to score the winning goal by themselves?

Karak
07-11-2010, 02:49 PM
...Well this solidifies my last 12 years of experience with soccer.

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 02:49 PM
BS red card right there... total flop from the Spanish player.

Stoke
07-11-2010, 02:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Zatenks/1278881275064.jpg

Oh god, the wind!

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 02:57 PM
BS red card right there... total flop from the Spanish player.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Zatenks/1278881275064.jpg

Oh god, the wind!

Heh, that's the same guy. He's also the one that got fouled, actually fouled, then got up and booted the offending dutch player in the back and completely out of play. It's a damn shame he's the one scoring the goal.

I don't think I would have been happy regardless of the team that won with that game though :/

Seika
07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Spectacular goal, from a brilliant player.

Fuck the haters.

You deserve it Spain.

Stoke
07-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Horrible game. I'm just glad it's over.

DangerousDaze
07-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Spain deserved that. Well played.

Seika
07-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Horrible game. I'm just glad it's over.

...Well this solidifies my last 12 years of experience with soccer.

What an awful fucking final.

LOL.

It was a great game.
Goodbye casual fans, won´t be missed.
:p

Zero
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
What a piss-poor, boring-ass game. Sigh. Four years to go. Back to MLS!

DangerousDaze
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh, and fuck the "fans" who booed Howard Webb when he went to pick up his medal. The Dutch could have been down to 8 men on the field easily. They have no complaint over that goal.

/edit - typo ;)

Sandman
07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I want to watch more soccer here but how do you go about doing it aside from the occasional MLS game aired on tv? I know ESPN3 is getting some of the European leagues but I don't know which to watch.

Zero
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I want to watch more soccer here but how do you go about doing it aside from the occasional MLS game aired on tv? I know ESPN3 is getting some of the European leagues but I don't know which to watch.

Fox Sports has a soccer channel. They show international leagues like EPL.

rein
07-11-2010, 03:29 PM
LOL.

It was a great game.
:pI've followed soccer off and on for years but it's comments like this that turn casual viewers away. We just aren't cool enough to fit in.

Webb has given out the most yellow cards (17 in three matches) leading up to the final. I think it was pretty much expected for there to be a lot of yellow cards but it doesn't make it any less frustrating to watch.

Xerxes
07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
LOL.

It was a great game.

Not going anywhere. Also that one dude who did score was a total tosser.

And dude and his yellow cards? What the fuck dude.

DangerousDaze
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
And dude and his yellow cards? What the fuck dude.
It's interesting that you blame the ref and not the dirty team that committed the offences.

Seika
07-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I was just referring to the people calling it a horrible game.
It was not, that´s why I say casuals, cause they dissmissed it with out even saying why it was bad. Obviously ¨fans¨that don´t know, or are not willing to learn anything about football tactics.

Sorry guys, Joga Bonito doesn´t win championships.
Just ask the Lakers and Inter Milan.

btw, Iniesta dedicated his World Cup winning goal, to his friend, and fellow football player, who died last year of a heart attack.

Class guy.
http://imgur.com/lXGJC.jpg

DangerousDaze
07-11-2010, 03:45 PM
The Dutch played hard (too hard imo) but, at the end of the day, the octopus was against them. ;)

opsin
07-11-2010, 03:46 PM
It's interesting that you blame the ref and not the dirty team that committed the offences.

Damn straight. He should have shown a red card to van Bommel (or de Jong, which looked way worse but was less deliberate)in the first half, instead of condoning that kind of behaviour by leaving everyone on and having to give a billion free kicks, kind of doing his best to ruin any pace of the game.

But moreover, the Dutch lost all my respect the way they played that game. I've been wishing they wouldn't start van Bommel just once, given how irrationally violent he is, while also not really adding anything. To then have him not only committing red card offenses but then shouting at the ref was bizarre. Went into it sort of rooting for Netherlands (van Bommel aside) and came out of it so relieved Spain finally clinched it.

Lance Uppercut
07-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I was just referring to the people calling it a horrible game.
It was not, that´s why I say casuals, cause they dissmissed it with out even saying why it was bad. Obviously ¨fans¨that don´t know, or are not willing to learn anything about football tactics.

Casual fan here. I thought the game sucked because of all the diving, drama queens, and the Dutch playing like it was a hockey game.

Seika
07-11-2010, 03:51 PM
But moreover, the Dutch lost all my respect the way they played that game. I've been wishing they wouldn't start van Bommel just once, given how irrationally violent he is, while also not really adding anything. To then have him not only committing red card offenses but then shouting at the ref was bizarre. Went into it sort of rooting for Netherlands (van Bommel aside) and came out of it so relieved Spain finally clinched it.

Van Bommel was back to his old antics, will never change, because he always gets away with it.

He deserved a red at least 3 times during the game.
His lack of sportsmanship was why Barcelona got rid of him.
Easily my least favorite player of all the World Cup.

opsin
07-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Easily my least favorite player of all the World Cup.

Likewise. Just kind of furious with him and the ref by the end for not doing anything about it. And I was just astonished that he only picked up a yellow once before that. In the two or three games I saw before they got to the final I saw him commit about 6 or 7 red cards worth of fouls. At least.

Seika
07-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Casual fan here. I thought the game sucked because of all the diving, drama queens, and the Dutch playing like it was a hockey game.

Diving and drama queens are part of the game, and they already get carded for faking. What else could they do about it?
At least in the Big Leagues, those players get ridiculed by the fans, and at times will even be penalized by the coaches. But this is the world cup, a penalty or a red card could be a game changing play. Coaches are less strict in that case.

The dutch always play like that in big games, look up the Battle of Nuremberg, that why I completely stopped cheering for them when they started with the dirty play. Shameful way to go out.

CappinCanuck
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM

Sums up my feelings, perhaps more apathetic than relieved by the whistle.

SilentScreams
07-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about...that was a pretty good game. Not the best final ever, but far from the worst.

Iniesta is a fantastic player and really deserved that goal. He was always the one in that game that looked likely to make something happen. He gets understandably overshadowed at Barca because of Messi, but he's a great player.

And more importantly, Spain won me a pretty decent amount of cash thanks to my pre-tournament bet. :D

Also, there's nothing wrong with the way van Bommel plays the game. His job is to disrupt the opposition and stop them from playing the game they want to play, and he does it well for the most part. Spain are just nearly impossible to stop because they are so good at what they do, so he ended up looking quite bad in this game.

The only thing I hated about that game was yet another injury for Torres. He had no place on the pitch and why Spain insisted on playing him when he obviously hasn't been fit all tournament is beyond me. They should have left him at home and let him recover properly. He's undoubtedly world class, but he's no good to anybody injured.

menage
07-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Well, I'm pissed.

Deserved win though, but Robben really should have nailed one of those. And I really wish they kept thior act together in the first half. De Jong looked like the Karate Kid at one point. Really wasn't that necessary and it's the reason we had 10 in the end.

The ref did screw up after the first though, it really was a different game the second half only he still kept on going like it was the first. Kinda ruined the game for me.

Narradisall
07-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Meh, it was an ok game.

I went from rooting for Spain, to backing The Netherlands, then once the Netherlands started playing even dirtier than Spain I was glad they won it.

I don't buy the whole 'it's part of the game' angle. It's only part of the game because they can sometimes get away with it. Doesn't make cheating any less acceptable.

That was by far the worst level of diving and fouling I'd seen in the whole world cup. With the one exception when Spain gave away that corner and netherlands just passed it back to the goalie I thought both teams were pretty poor throughout.

Stmfuller
07-12-2010, 05:52 AM
so, no blowjobs?

roboninja
07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
LOL.

It was a great game.

Later. I won't be missing soccer either.

TheFlyingOrc
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
That was by far the worst level of diving and fouling I'd seen in the whole world cup. With the one exception when Spain gave away that corner and netherlands just passed it back to the goalie I thought both teams were pretty poor throughout.

Yeah, I saw a lot of unexpected excellent sportsmanship throughout the tournament (Brazil was all class against North Korea, a terrible team, but they treated them like they deserved to be there), but this last game was nasty. In the first half at least, I didn't see a single yellow card that wasn't deserved. The ref was doing everything in his power to rein the game in, but the players weren't interested. A red card would have been the nuclear option, so I don't blame him for not using it, except with that cleat to the chest that he probably missed because of his field position.

Certainly not the best game to serve as ambassador for the sport. Nice that a new country won it, though.

DangerousDaze
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Later. I won't be missing soccer either.

Soccer? Oh! You mean football. Got it.

TheFlyingOrc
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Soccer? Oh! You mean football. Got it.

Hey, you guys called it that first. It's not our fault you changed the name when we weren't looking.

DangerousDaze
07-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, you guys called it that first. It's not our fault you changed the name when we weren't looking.

It was just lazy people shortening the "Association" in "Association Football". What, did you think the internet started that craze? ;)

Savok
07-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Football to an Australian

aTp7F4v7Bms

We don't spend half the game pretending to be injured either or taking our clothes off either.

muddi900
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Aussie Rules Football is like Rugby, only Australian, which means everybody is drunk half out of their minds!

Savok
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
It looks that way but it isn't. I have no interest in the game, but I see the appeal as something is always happening and the sheer athleticism of the game.

Soccer meanwhile appears to be about passing the ball back and forth, missing, and then falling over crying pretending to be injured. The culture of cheating is incredible.

cp#
07-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Soccer meanwhile appears to be about passing the ball back and forth, missing, and then falling over crying pretending to be injured. The culture of cheating is incredible.

Meanwhile Australian football is a game where you jump on someones shoulders to catch the ball then the play stops and they get to freely punt a field goal. It's like American football with no touchdowns

Savok
07-13-2010, 04:37 AM
Play only "stops" for about 2 seconds, whereas Gridiron it stops for several hours.

muddi900
07-13-2010, 10:02 AM
American's bitching about 'stops' in other people's football!:eek:

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/3/6/3/6/1197542647460.jpg

menage
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Are we really talking which sport is the better one here now? Jeez, apples and oranges people.

Stoke
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Are we really talking which sport is the better one here now? Jeez, apples and oranges people.

Apples are clearly better. What kind of idiot likes a fruit where you have to stop your meal and peel something in the middle of it? The only ones who like oranges better are the casual Apple eaters. If you can't tell a Connell Red from a Crimson Crisp from 100 paces your opinion is invalid!

SilentScreams
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Fucking apple fanboys.

menage
07-14-2010, 01:40 AM
I knew it was going to go that way. Oranges for me, apples are for stiffs and lazy people:D

Narradisall
07-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Fuck you Orange lover.

If it wasn't for apples, you wouldn't have motherfucking gravity bitches!

muddi900
07-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Fuck you Orange lover.

If it wasn't for apples, you wouldn't have motherfucking gravity bitches!

Yeah, man, what has Oranges ever done for science! Fuck that shit!

menage
07-17-2010, 05:07 AM
See, all this talk about science, I'd rather hang with the party crowd.

You guys know you don't get laid with apples right?

Narradisall
07-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Thats what you think! ;)

muddi900
07-17-2010, 03:12 PM

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA (http://cupidtino.com/about)

Who's getting laid now?