PDA

View Full Version : iPed: Move over iPad

Goronmon
05-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Looks like China has already come up with a knock-off iPad.

http://kotaku.com/5549865/china-rips-off-the-ipad-with-the-iped

While it is slightly heavier than the iPad, the device is powered by an Intel chip and runs on Google's open source operating system Android.
And is priced at the equivalent of 9,600 (US$105). The iPad is priced at 48,800 ($536) in The Land of the Rising Sun.

An iPad powered by Android for $100? Sign me up!

Hawkzombie
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Only thing is...is it a cheap knock-off, or is it actually something that is desirable to own?

EDIT: Also, am I the only one who came in here expecting a photoshop of an iPad to look like Pedobear?

Shieldmaiden
05-28-2010, 09:08 AM
I'd love to see someone on here get hold of one and give us a review. I'm really interested to see how one of these performs.

J Arcane
05-28-2010, 09:37 AM
I've seen these.

Problem is, it's only Android 1.5. And no market. And since it's a cheap knockoff, neither of those will ever change.

Still, it's pathetic that even the Chinese knockoff companies can see potential in an Android tablet (there's more than just this one), while mainstream companies are still shuffling their feet and releasing useless shite like the Dell Streak.

At this point it's looking like I'm just going to buy that Lenovo touchscreen IdeaPad next term.

hunterx280
05-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Isn't Japan the land of the rising sun? When are people going to realize that not all the Asian countries are the same?

EDIT: Never mind, read the full article, it seems they are referencing the sales in Japan. Context helps.

Kelegacy
05-30-2010, 07:50 AM
I ordered one. I'll never pay asking price for an Apple product, but for an imitation I'm all over it. I'll pull it out at coffee shops and people will think I'm a giant douche and want to sleep with me.