PDA

View Full Version : Human Centipede

Rune_74
04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Anyone seen the trailer for this? It is nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo

I for one would not want to be in the rear in this one...or the front....this whole idea makes my skin crawl...but I have to see it.

Spectre-7
04-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, saw the trailer a month or so back on io9, and I gotta hand it to 'em; that's easily some of the most fucked up shit I've ever seen. Not sure if I'm in such a hurry to see it, though. ;)

frederec
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
I've been hearing about this for a while. It sounds like a movie that I'll watch out of curiosity, then maybe regret.

What gets me, is that this is supposed to be a prelude for a full-on human centipede movie, that I guess will go much more than three people.

carnage11
04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.islandcrisis.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/WTF.jpg

Adam Blue
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm glad it disturbed me, since I feel I'm being desensitized by everything else. I can only imaging what these movies will be like in 20 years.

Savok
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Eh, Germany outdid this in the 1940s, hell they're outdoing it now (http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html).

I'm more interested in how you stop the back ones simply dying from lack of nutrition. You could drip feed them, but that's all sorts of problems in itself.

Spectre-7
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm more interested in how you stop the back ones simply dying from lack of nutrition. You could drip feed them, but that's all sorts of problems in itself.

I didn't watch this particular trailer so I don't know if it explains, but the design of the human centipede includes the shortening of each subject's intestinal tract, after which they're connected in serial... essentially, the subjects all share one extra long digestive system. I'd guess that their individual efficiency would take a serious hit, requiring the amalgamated beast to eat a great deal more than would've been necessary before the operation in order to remain functioning.

Lovely, isn't it?

menage
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhwwwwwww.

Fuck shit man why would anyone make such a thing, let alone a movie about a guy making such a thing....yuck, jezus, eeeeeeeeeehwww.

Savok
04-28-2010, 12:40 PM
I saw that part, but the human body just isn't designed to digest things like that. If he's doing some gene splicing or simply outright replacing things, ok, but sawing off some intestines then plugging the loose end into someone's throat just doesn't make sense to me.

The constipation alone that would cause would likely kill the back one.

civil
04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
I saw that trailer a few weeks ago, but had the volume down.

Freaked the shit out of me. Is it really the first in a series? Damn.

violent
04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I hope they give away free Twix at the show.

Savok
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Just looked it up and the sequels just seem to be about adding more people... it's like God of War, repeating the same thing only making it bigger and more pointless.

Dorkandproudofit
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I hope this is fake. I really hope this is a joke trailer. Because if it is, someone is clearly disturbed.

Also, the last shot made me gag.

menage
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Just looked it up and the sequels just seem to be about adding more people... it's like God of War, repeating the same thing only making it bigger and more pointless.

Ehm, like most gamesequels then?

Savok
04-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I hope this is fake. I really hope this is a joke trailer. Because if it is, someone is clearly disturbed.

Also, the last shot made me gag.
Films made and been shown dude.

Jesus it's like you people have never seen horrific Japanese films. Ichi the Killer was worse then this.

Pretty much, though they do at least sometimes try to add something besides more of the same.

Generation ABXY
04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm glad it disturbed me, since I feel I'm being desensitized by everything else. I can only imaging what these movies will be like in 20 years.

I'm hoping we start to regress; if we have to go back to 80's/90's level of campy action movies to get away from this trend, I think I could live with it... hell, I could probably live with it if we have to scrap the idea of talkies altogether. O_o

violent
04-28-2010, 01:00 PM

I was gonna say the same thing about you. Funny that.

Savok
04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I was gonna say the same thing about you. Funny that.
It's 5am and that makes no sense.

Blue
04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Is it really any different than Hostel or Saw? I mean, the trailer looked awful but it didn't really seem overly shocking in any way and was just a rehash of a lot of crap that's come before. Maybe I've seen too many horror films?

civil
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/tlots/CoG/Jack.jpg

violent
04-28-2010, 01:13 PM
It's 5am and that makes no sense.

Get some sleep then, man. You cranky.

Savok
04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh you think I'm angry, now it makes sense.

No I'm just confused as to why you'd do the exact same thing again. Why not make it a whole zoo? Like make spiders and other creatures out of the people.

muddi900
04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Actually an Austrailian is at its least crankiest when sleepy. At least that's what National Geographic told me. :D

Movies like this are about pushing the limit of human depravity. As someone who stumbles on to /b/ ever once in a while, its light stuff.

For those who prefer their horror to be less...extreme, try triangle. No they don't pay me to plug their brilliant, albeit flawed movie.

violent
04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Oh you think I'm angry, now it makes sense.

No I'm just confused as to why you'd do the exact same thing again. Why not make it a whole zoo? Like make spiders and other creatures out of the people.

Not angry, cranky. Big difference.

And they're not doing a whole zoo because that would mean there is a plan to this story. I've heard of this story for over a year now and it's only worth is it's shock value which is sadly, mostly spent upon viewing the trailer. It's worthless.

Savok
04-28-2010, 01:34 PM
They'd shoot webbing out of their dicks, how is that not shocking?

But yeah I read some of the maker's comments and, jesus, that guy thinks he's king shit. We needed this film to prepare us for his full vision? Please. Reality upstaged him 70 years ago.

violent
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought everyone shot webbing out their dicks.

But yeah. Delusions of grandeur, not much else.

menage
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/tlots/CoG/Jack.jpg

Hey, I said most didn't I. :P

Squidbot
04-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I hope they give away free Twix at the show.

I laughed hard.

violent
04-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I laughed hard.

About time someone with a refined taste in humor walked in through here.

ClannerDelta
04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
So... wait... how did someone convince the actors to do this?

Best case scenario: People think the movie was great but you're still just an actor who put his/her face up someone elses ass.

Squidbot
04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
About time someone with a refined taste in humor walked in through here.

Let me know when they arrive.

Spectre-7
04-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Actually an Austrailian is at its least crankiest when sleepy. At least that's what National Geographic told me. :D

Hmmm... when are they at their least poisonous? Everything in Australia is poisonous, right?

I thought everyone shot webbing out their dicks.

From how I understand it, just the Australians.

Hawkzombie
04-28-2010, 05:30 PM
I think the horror aspect comes in at...

I read about this a while back, if it's the same thing. They all get sewn together and all that, only the end one dies and the front on is killed or something, leaving the middle one suffering in the end. The guy who does all this is obsessed with making the human centipede, so there's the sequels: trying to perfect it. It's fucked up any way you slice it.

inmostlight
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I "hope" the final sequel is that he gets enough people together to make a closed loop, and they call it Human Ouroboros.

In all honesty, that movie looks so bizarre and awful that I fear I'll probably wind up watching it. Maybe it'll be streaming on netflix and we can resurrect XBL Movie Mondays!

Stmfuller
05-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Ok, watched the trailer tonight.
Was bizarrely interested for most of it, and then my wtf meter went off. I got a little skevied.
Then I started reading about it (and thinking about the whole plot). While I'm sure it could be possible (via the whole medically accurate thing), I'm more than a little curious about how the whole "process" is supposed to work. And more importantly, why you'd want to do it in the first place.

Do you keep person two and three completely alive and aware or do you cut out their now "useless body parts" to force them to work together?

Do you try and figure out how to sew "control" into person number one? Or is that just too far out there?

I have to say, this just not very well thought out.

If you want to create a twisted human hybrid, at least make a decision about how it's going to be useful etc.

also, as most of digg was saying today...you NEVER go ass to mouth :)

Wasson_
05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
http://projectumbrella.net/files/imagecache/preview/images/3428village_head_copy.jpg

the only human centipede close to my heart.

Spectre-7
05-02-2010, 02:05 AM
the only human centipede close to my heart.

Yo mama?Text too short.

Sl1pstream
05-02-2010, 04:17 AM
Wiki sez:

Tom Six has stated that the inspiration for the film came from a joke he always made to friends about punishing people who were "nasty or annoying or a child molester" by stitching their mouths to "the ass of a fat truck driver".[8] From here came what he saw as the concept for "a great horror movie"[9] and he began to develop the idea.

Hahaha?

Also, this trailer made me cringe, something horror movies haven't been able to do in a long time. I'll try to watch this when it hits Netflix, but I doubt that I'll be able to watch the whole thing.

EDIT: After thinking about that, this isn't horror, it's gore and it sucks that that's what horror has come to these days.

Arphahat
05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
It seemed like it started so cliche, that I kept expecting the rest to be a joke. Really? This movie looks pretty dumb.

Though, I think the villain would be played better by Christopher Walken, since it reminds me of the creepy villains he used to play. Though, maybe it would be better as a comedy, with Christopher Walken still as the villain. Actually, the movie would be much, much better this way. I can envision him explaining what the human-centipede is in a way that I could not do justice trying to type out.

Adam Blue
05-02-2010, 07:35 AM
So a theater near me was playing it Friday night. We call to reserve seats and the dude on the phone asked, "You really want to reserve seats for The Neverending Story"? Unfortunately the listing was a misprint.

inmostlight
05-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Though, I think the villain would be played better by Christopher Walken, since it reminds me of the creepy villains he used to play. Though, maybe it would be better as a comedy, with Christopher Walken still as the villain. Actually, the movie would be much, much better this way. I can envision him explaining what the human-centipede is in a way that I could not do justice trying to type out.

Not Christopher Walken, but if anything that doctor should have been Udo Kier. Especially since the actor seemed to be trying to mimic him, poorly.

I'd also accept Werner Herzog in the role, especially if he also provided the film's narration.

Stmfuller
05-02-2010, 09:43 AM
EDIT: After thinking about that, this isn't horror, it's gore and it sucks that that's what horror has come to these days.
agreed.
There's nothing really scary about this. It's mostly just something that makes your skin crawl because it's, well, gross.

I do have to say though, it's really captured my imagination. I guess I'll have to watch it at some point.
fuckin weirdo dutch people :mad:

Lekon
05-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Not Christopher Walken, but if anything that doctor should have been Udo Kier. Especially since the actor seemed to be trying to mimic him, poorly.

I'd also accept Werner Herzog in the role, especially if he also provided the film's narration.

Werner Herzog? That idiot couldn't even find waldo!

muddi900
05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Because Lekon asked for it!

EvWh6PMi9Ek

Savok
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
He should read EVERY children's book.

KamaItachi
05-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Because Lekon asked for it!

EvWh6PMi9Ek

Good fucking God, that's amazing.

muddi900
05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Thats not really Herzog, BTW!

LongStepMantis
05-02-2010, 10:57 PM
He should read EVERY children's book.

7T8y5EPv6Y8

Narradisall
05-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I laughed SO MUCH at the last bit.

Spoilerific trailer though.

Rune_74
05-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Well I have seen the movie...it was pretty good. It is not a gore fest like some of you were saying...nothing like saw.

I would say it was just disturbing. A good disturbing horror movie instead of a shock movie. My wife actually almost got sick watching it, but agreed it was pretty good and not what she expected.

Narradisall
05-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Well, I have no problem with it.

I call frontsies though!

inmostlight
05-03-2010, 03:42 PM
All the Herzog parodies don't even capture a fraction of how much of a badass the real man is.

ylXqc8TQ15w

Badger
05-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Well, I have no problem with it.

I call frontsies though!

I call fronts- Dammit!

(that really made me laugh Narradisall :D)

Rune_74
05-06-2010, 06:07 PM
The question I have is....the person behind the front.....where the hell does her tongue go?

Narradisall
05-07-2010, 01:19 AM
The question I have is....the person behind the front.....where the hell does her tongue go?

Well, you need some sealant for the hole I guess. Can't have any seepage...

Mike Kelehan
05-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I thought this thread would be about something along the lines of human Tetris or human Space Invaders. Turns out it's a movie that either has nothing to do with the game, or is a horrible, horrible prequel.

Stmfuller
05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I should say I did end up catching it, and it was stupid.

reasons why: (spoiler free)
They don't really explain the motivation, so I've decided it's because "he wanted to be an artist"
The characters are wooden and there's no real reason to care about them.
The endgame plays out in what can only be described as pure stupidity.
Sadly, all of the real grossout stuff in the flick is implied. Other than a couple of medical-related moments, that all you really see. Trust me, TLC/the discovery channel airs grosser moments.
If you want to see this movie, do yourself a favor and just watch the trailer. Anything your imagination can come up with to fill in any holes that the trailer leaves out (there isn't much) will be undoubtedly better than actually what happens.

in short, HC can best be described as a good idea for a gross-out movie that never really comes to light. If you must watch it, make sure you've got booze and some good buddies handy. Cause this is serious MST3K fodder.

MagGnome
05-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Ugh, that trailer was terrible.

Mike Kelehan
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I really enjoyed Roger Ebert's review of the movie (http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100505/REVIEWS/100509982). He doesn't give it a star rating. Not zero stars, mind you, just no rating at all:

I am required to award stars to movies I review. This time, I refuse to do it. The star rating system is unsuited to this film. Is the movie good? Is it bad? Does it matter? It is what it is and occupies a world where the stars don't shine.

Adam Blue
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
The trailer was good, but it should have stayed with that. The feeling I had from the trailer was lost watching the full film.