PDA

View Full Version : Assassins' Creed II DLC Announced

DoctorFinger
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Want to know how much gaming has changed? When I got word today about the first two batches of DLC for Assassins' Creed II my first thought was "wow, they actually waited until the game was out to announce DLC." Whether that says more about gaming in 2009 or my cynical soul is up for debate.

But yeah, Ubisoft has announced the first two pieces of DLC for the game, accompanied by the sparsest details. January will see the release of the "Battle of Forli" pack, while February will get the "Bonfire of the Vanities." No word on the exact date, price or content of the packs.

Also, the e-mail from Ubisoft says to dedicate 1GB for each DLC.

Mike Kelehan
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm sure all of the preorder bonuses will be eventual DLC as well.

menage
12-01-2009, 01:21 PM
As long as it's not just combat but adds some interesting new stuff on the side I'm okay.

National Kato
12-01-2009, 01:32 PM
The 'Bonfire of the Vanities' pack is self-expanatory, at least for those who have played through the game.

'Battle of Forli' will likely add content to that underutilized area of the game, especially considering the particular individual you meet there prior to leaving for Venice.

TrackZero
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
The 'Bonfire of the Vanities' pack is self-expanatory, at least for those who have played through the game.

'Battle of Forli' will likely add content to that underutilized area of the game, especially considering the particular individual you meet there prior to leaving for Venice.

They'll be the missing DNA sequences.....

agentgray
12-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Exactly what I thought. I don't know if it's a spoiler but just looking at achievements or trophies you could possibly figure it out.

I'm loving this game. In my book, the DLC is already bought.

Love me some Leonardo (just not his type of love), and I love to stabby, stab, stab things.

Iron Past
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Holy crap, Joystiq says (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/01/assassins-creed-2-getting-double-dose-of-dlc-starting-january-2/) they want you to set aside 1 GB for each pack. Guess they're bigger than I though.

Side note, when did Joystiq stop sourcing some of their stories?

AgtFox
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I called that as soon as I beat the game that those would be possible DLC in the future. Guess I'm right.

AgtFox
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Holy crap, Joystiq says (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/01/assassins-creed-2-getting-double-dose-of-dlc-starting-january-2/) they want you to set aside 1 GB for each pack. Guess they're bigger than I though.

Side note, when did Joystiq stop sourcing some of their stories?
They don't have to source when it was sent out in e-mail. I just looked and I got the e-mail and it indeed says to set aside 1GB for each.

Iron Past
12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
They don't have to source when it was sent out in e-mail. I just looked and I got the e-mail and it indeed says to set aside 1GB for each.

Ah, I see. Heftier than I thought they'd be.

menage
12-01-2009, 01:58 PM
1GB, that's pretty hefty. I don't mind if it's crammed with content:)

UWCrash
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey, at least if they're 1GB a piece it's not just unlocking what's already present on the disc!

National Kato
12-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey, at least if they're 1GB a piece it's not just unlocking what's already present on the disc!

Nope, it's replacing what was taken off the disc prior to release. ;)

menage
12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Nope, it's replacing what was taken off the disc prior to release. ;)

We could check how much GB are left on the disc.

Spigot
12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey, at least if they're 1GB a piece it's not just unlocking what's already present on the disc!World's biggest unlock key.

Well, I'm still just getting my feet wet with the game and will probably be ready for this DLC by the time I finally finish the game. I'm all over it if it has more actual story content.

Narradisall
12-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow, I was all ready to trade this in once I'd screwed around some more, but I was wondering if they would add DLC as those 'missing' sequences.

Will hold on for now. If the DLC is half as good as the game it's a no brainer buy.

ElektroDragon
12-01-2009, 03:42 PM

We were told as much by the game designers, so I hope so!

But, 1GB per DLC?? Are they nuts? I suppose I would rather have that then a 160KB unlock file for pre-existing content!!!

Goronmon
12-01-2009, 03:45 PM
It's really just a big section of random bits to hide the fact that it's just a key to unlock content on the disc already.

Iron Past
12-01-2009, 04:47 PM

We were told as much by the game designers, so I hope so!

I think the actual wording was "eventually unlocked for everyone," so there's a chance they might do it for free (that is on the disc, after all). Either way, that'd be nice.

Xerxes
12-01-2009, 06:09 PM

I believe Patrice said that he made sure we'd be getting Palazzo Medici and Santa Maria Dei Frari free eventually.

"Eventually everyone will have the entire game,"

http://www.destructoid.com/assassin-s-creed-2-pre-order-dlc-not-exclusive-148881.phtml