PDA

View Full Version : I just publicly humiliated myself

nitetrain
11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
first let me say how much i fucking hate going to work at 4am..

so this afternoon i had decided to get some sleep earlier than i normally do since i have to be on "storm watch" over what's now left of ida passing through overnight, well my power went out, and just as it came back on it tripped my alarm clock to start ringing, i quickly look over and grab my cell phone to confirm the time, that's when i noticed it said 5:45...now i'm like "Fuck i'm late for work!" , it didn't hit me til i called me boss rambling on like my life was at stake til he told me to check again and if i noticed if it said AM or PM......FUCK!!! ....it was 5:45 P FUCKING M...and now my boss is laughing at me...just fucking great...

someone please kill me...:mad:

Siraris
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Doesn't publicly imply you are in public?

Dorkandproudofit
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
If you weren't IN public, it wasn't public.

EDIT: Dammit, Siraris! You beat me to it!

Gwinny
11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I used to do that a lot during high school. I'd fall asleep, wake up at like eleven, rush to get dressed... then realize it was dark out. The feeling of getting to go back to sleep was kind of worth it, though, after all that panicking.

Fenced
11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Dude. That is definitely something you just laugh off. Unless you told your boss you would suck his dick to keep your job, or something like that, just chill.

nitetrain
11-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Siraris, the title was a figure of speech, although there was a crowd in his office and he had the phone on speakerphone.

not to mention i ran 3 red lights and ran over a dog.

Fenced
11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I withdraw my previous statement.

Kelegacy
11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Siraris, the title was a figure of speech, although there was a crowd in his office and he had the phone on speakerphone.

That wasn't a dog.

nitetrain
11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
That wasn't a dog.

it had to be one of 3 things

1) a dog

2) Disgustipated

3) A large rat that yelps like a dog

evilgoodwin
11-09-2009, 06:45 PM
"One day, Michael said he hit a bump on his way into work.

.... I wonder who he killed then."

diablopath
11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Guys, when he meant public humiliation, I'm pretty sure he was talking about displaying his grasp on the English language in public forums such as this one.

The alarm clock bit was just a subplot.

Voodoo
11-09-2009, 07:24 PM

...and forgot to get dressed :eek:

MagGnome
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
You ran over a dog, yet you are worried about your boss laughing at you?

I'm in awe of how disconnected from reality you are.

Lint of Death
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
his grasp on the English language in public forums such as this one.

That's "grasp of the English language," you twit.

diablopath
11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
That's "grasp of the English language," you twit.

Oh damn!

I don't understand the "minimum amount of characters for a post" rule. Whenever somebody has a message that's "too short", the only addition they make is an announcement, and thus bypass, of that fact.

Gwinny
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM
You didn't seriously run over a dog? :confused:

Karak
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Well.
One day I went to sleep and work up. Saw it was 7. It was fall.

Went to work. Yep 7pm, not am. I sat down, tried to relieve the guy on duty and he looked at me and thought he was being fired.
Took months for me to outlive that.

Grifter
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I just publicly humiliated myself

I'd figure that you'd be used to public humiliation by now.

Because crowds of people normally hang out in your bosses office waiting for you to call? Being that this would have been the most amusing part of this story moving it from the "whoops, my mistake that no one gives a shit about" to "mildly amusing" I think if it were true it would have been in your original post.

I really hate it when people "remember" details about an event they thought was amusing that no one else does in an attempt save themselves the humiliation of just telling a completely boring story.

I'm assuming you're just being facetious here.

Dukefrukem
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
i chuckled at your story. I have a short similar one.

When I was interviewing for a job in college, a manager who I had already interviewed with called me early in the morning to say i they wanted me to come back for a second interview. He called around 9am, I was half asleep, picked up my phone, and answered it; "hey baby girl I was just thinking of you"... thinking it was my girlfriend calling me in the morning. Then I heard a- "umm Hello?" in a man's voice. That woke me the fuck up.

Ultima Thulian
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
You ran over a dog, yet you are worried about your boss laughing at you?

I'm in awe of how disconnected from reality you are.

What disconnect? He's likely just kidding. Even if he isn't, ole Fido ain't paying his bills.

"If a person isn't paying your bills or sucking your dick, then 9/10 they are not important." Ole friend of mine told me that once. Best advice I ever received.

Besides, he ran over Disgustipated, not a dog, so rest easy! :D

MagGnome
11-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for making me laugh in the face of poor Fido's death, UT. You really are a cold-hearted bastard! :p

Ultima Thulian
11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for making me laugh in the face of poor Fido's death, UT. You really are a cold-hearted bastard! :p

Haha, no problem, Gnome. :D

Generation ABXY
11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Boy, Grifter just lays it all out, doesn't he?

Dorkandproudofit
11-09-2009, 10:43 PM

I wonder what made him get so cold-hearted. I just want to give him a reassuring hug sometimes, ya know? :(

Grifter
11-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Boy, Grifter just lays it all out, doesn't he?

What can I say, I'm not a big fan of liars. If he'd stop pretending to be someone else I'd leave him alone but considering his past and now with this, fuck him.

I'm normally not one to continually call some one out like this but Cyberdistraction/RoadDawg has no right to be here if he's going to continue to lie to the community, especially considering the way he has acted in the past.

Ultima Thulian
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Please tell me that sadface smiley is belying your sarcasm. I'm not so cold hearted as to need e-hugs. :D

BLeeP
11-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I would like to add that I feel deep down, no matter how much anyone refuses to admit it, everyone really needs an e-hug.

Rogue_hunter
11-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I would like to add that I feel deep down, no matter how much anyone refuses to admit it, everyone really needs an e-hug.

<E-hug>It's gonna be OK</E-hug>

chex
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
This is why I refuse to nap during the day. I keep my bedroom pitch black, so I can't tell whether its night or day unless I actively dig around things to lift the blackout curtains. Half the time, this far north, its dark out even if it isn't night.
The last time I tried a midday nap not only did I get the date confused, I thought I had an exam =\ did not make my day.

zarathstra
11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
I did the same thing once in middle school. I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, I saw that the grandfather clock on the wall said it was 7. Since I had to be at school for a field trip at 7, I ran out of the room in a panic. I was halfway through a quick shower before my fuzzy brain put it all together and realized it was 7pm, and not 7am.

Squidbot
11-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Because crowds of people normally hang out in your bosses office waiting for you to call? Being that this would have been the most amusing part of this story moving it from the "whoops, my mistake that no one gives a shit about" to "mildly amusing" I think if it were true it would have been in your original post.

I really hate it when people "remember" details about an event they thought was amusing that no one else does in an attempt save themselves the humiliation of just telling a completely boring story.

When quoting this I was tempted to change the font size to a hugely high number.

The thread title is ironic.

nitetrain
11-10-2009, 02:35 AM
You didn't seriously run over a dog? :confused:

the red lights..yes..

the dog? no...it was a sarcastic joke.

Nura
11-10-2009, 02:35 AM
24h clocks ftw.

Just saying.

nitetrain
11-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Because crowds of people normally hang out in your bosses office waiting for you to call?

no, they were in his office for a meeting about programming and promotions for the next 3 months and how to do it on zero budget.

Grifter
11-10-2009, 02:49 AM
the red lights..yes..

the dog? no...it was a sarcastic joke.

So even though your boss told you it was 5pm not 5am effectively giving you 12 hours to get to work on time you still left immediately in an attempt to get there "on-time" running 3 red lights in the process?

You're not the brightest bulb in the bunch are you?

and stop fucking sending me PMs.

Sazime
11-10-2009, 02:50 AM
I dunno, if you would have told the story with a self deprecating tone and a "Haha, guess it was good I wasn't late, huh?" it would be a pretty funny anecdote. Posting this in a sheer, "OMG I can't believe what an idiot I've been!" manner?

Now you've publicly humiliated yourself.

nitetrain
11-10-2009, 02:58 AM
I dunno, if you would have told the story with a self deprecating tone and a "Haha, guess it was good I wasn't late, huh?" it would be a pretty funny anecdote. Posting this in a sheer, "OMG I can't believe what an idiot I've been!" manner?

Now you've publicly humiliated yourself.

yeah not so much humiliated anymore, now i look back and laugh it all off.

Purple Santa
11-10-2009, 05:55 AM
If you weren't IN public, it wasn't public.

Does a CoG forum count as being in "public" :p
That wasn't a dog.
Dude, just put that back in your pants :eek:

Crowe
11-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Who the fuck is RoadDawg, he CoG or Evav?

nitetrain
11-10-2009, 06:36 AM

it's best if this thread is closed and dies off, as there is no need to bring up the past.

AgtFox
11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
nitetrain has had many names in the past, both here and at EvAv.

Closing this via OPs wishes.