PDA

View Full Version : US PSN Update 11/5

Gorvi
11-06-2009, 07:26 AM
It's not the most exciting week with the PSN update this week, but there's a few points of interest, like Military Madness and Numblast, and the demo for Trine makes it's way to the US. There's also a healthy number of PSP games added to the store, with prices ranging from good to, well, not so good. The full update from the PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/playstation-store-update-110/):

PS3:
Military Madness: Nectaris ($9.99) [With Demo]
Numblast ($4.99)
Gex ($5.99) [PS1]
Trine Demo
Qore Episode 18: November 2009 ($2.99)
LittleBigPlanet Anniversary Costume (free)
LittleBigPlanet Spaceman Costume (free)
Dragon Age: Origins Stone Prisoner ($14.99)
Dragon Age: Origins Warden’s Keep ($6.99)
Brutal Legend Tears of the Hextadon Map Pack (free)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Character and Mission Pack ($9.99)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Character Compatibilty Pack (free)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Juggernaut Playable Character ($1.99)
topatoi: Arcade Style Pack (free)
Way of the Samurai 3 Weapons DLC (free)
Rock Band Tracks
Sales/Price Drops
TV Show King Price Drop (now $6.99)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Weapon X Arena Pack Price Drop (now $4.99)

PSP:
Numblast PSP ($4.99)
Creature Defense ($7.99)
MotorStorm Arctic Edge Demo (free)
Ben 10 Alien Force ($19.99)
Ben 10: Protector of Earth ($14.99)
Crimson Room: Reverse ($7.99)
Class of Heroes ($39.99)
Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground ($14.99)
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron PSP ($29.99)
Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes ($29.99)
Dissidia Final Fantasy ($39.99)
Ghostbusters The Video Game PSP ($29.99)
Rock Band Unplugged Tracks
Gex ($5.99) [PS1]
Sales/Price Drops
Mercury Bundle 2 Sale – Includes Archer Maclean’s Mercury and Mercury Meltdown (now $9.99)

menage
11-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Why the hell is that Dragon Age content so freaking exspensive. Is it just to scare off the second hand users forcing them to buy a new copy where its free or is it something else?

LarsenNET
11-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Is it just to scare off the second hand users forcing them to buy a new copy where its free or is it something else?

Ding ding, I think we have a winner ;)

Gorvi
11-06-2009, 07:51 AM
That Trine demo was long, but I just didn't really like it. Something about it simply didn't click with me, I don't know what it is. I'll have to see if the demo lets you play co-op tonight, that would make it more enjoyable.

Chris_D
11-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Ah, Dungeon Maker is a series I've been interested in checking out for a while, but never seen it cheap. $15 on PSN? Sold.

Not stressed about the Dragon Age DLC, that game is huge and hardly needs it. If the DLC is actually decent then I'll just grab it on sale later.

Curious to know if the demo of Trine supports co-op. That would be cool.

Gorvi
11-06-2009, 08:32 AM
One cool thing: if you go to the UK store there's a free 15 minute Assassin's Creed live action short that looks like it's a prequel to AC2. It's not amazing, but it's not half bad either. I think it's called Assassin's Creed Lineage 1 or something like that.

agentgray
11-06-2009, 09:06 AM
It's not the most exciting week with the PSN update this week
Has that ever not been the case--since the PSPnogo's release?

Also, I think the ACII Lineage movie has been out on the net for a week or two now. It's just slightly above good, IMO. you can certainly tell there's a lot of green gong on behind the scenes, but it's not too distracting.

Gorvi
11-06-2009, 09:13 AM
There's been some good release weeks, with stuff like Critter Crunch being a highlight. Trine too, but like I said above, the demo didn't really impress me for that. Locoroco Midnight Carnival last week too, now that I think about it.

Spigot
11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
That Trine demo was long, but I just didn't really like it. Something about it simply didn't click with me, I don't know what it is. I'll have to see if the demo lets you play co-op tonight, that would make it more enjoyable.I felt the same way. Given how much praise the PC version received, I was hoping for something... more. I might grab it for PC at some point in the future but it was nice to at least get a chance to try the game out finally.

There's been some good release weeks, with stuff like Critter Crunch being a highlight. Trine too, but like I said above, the demo didn't really impress me for that. Locoroco Midnight Carnival last week too, now that I think about it.I think Agentgray was talking about the PSP store more than anything. I'm surprised that LocoRoco Midnight Carnival essentially came out to no hype whatsoever. Granted, I still have the second one to work on, so I'll hold off for now.

I am very intrigued by Numblast. I watched the cheesy little trailer for it and while I don't care for the silly framework around the game, the actual game itself looked insanely addictive. And for $5? Too bad I can't buy it once and play the PSP and PS3 versions for that price ;)

And what's this Crimson Room thing? According to the description, it was all the rage in 2004...

Gorvi
11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
I am very intrigued by Numblast. I watched the cheesy little trailer for it and while I don't care for the silly framework around the game, the actual game itself looked insanely addictive. And for $5? Too bad I can't buy it once and play the PSP and PS3 versions for that price ;)
There's a demo on the UK store I think, it came out a while ago, I really didn't care for that one either. I don't like anything right now it seems! :p

Chris_D
11-06-2009, 03:29 PM

I think there's been a steady stream of decent stuff, both older titles at cheaper prices (~$15) and the new stuff at $30-40. Obviously it will be better once we get to the point where every PSP release comes out day and date on the service.

menage
11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Ding ding, I think we have a winner ;)

It just seems strange to me. 15 Bucks is an almost unsurmountable amount of money for a add-on like this. And new users get it free anyway.

Second hand buyers will simply not buy it, they might as well get a new copy. So what's the whole point of upping it in the shop then for money anyway???? For 2 or 3 uninformed lunatics?

Does this make sense?

That Trine demo was long, but I just didn't really like it. Something about it simply didn't click with me, I don't know what it is. I'll have to see if the demo lets you play co-op tonight, that would make it more enjoyable.

I'm not one to say this quickly. But Trine co-op is a ton of fun. Solo, a bit boring and well, not really that involving