PDA

View Full Version : Go for a swim...in Beer!

nitetrain
11-05-2009, 03:19 AM
From my morning prep sheet, there is a resort in Starkenberger, Austria that has 3 5,000 gallon swimming pools full of beer!

http://bierschwimmbad.com

BLeeP
11-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Heh, all the shots have men in them and I like to think it's because no woman would have any interest in doing this. Also, and I'm not entirely up on the substance so correct me if this isn't the case, wouldn't it be really sticky? I just imagine it being that way, but have no grounds for those feelings.

Vandabo
11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I imagine that a woman would get a yeast infection about 7 seconds after diving into one of those pools.

I really see no point in it other than as some sort of Peter Griffin fantasy.

Cactaur
11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Isn't the yeast dead already once the beer is refrigerated? Or maybe they'll cut out the middleman and just brew it in the pool.

However swimming and alcohol? That's an accident waiting to happen.

carnage11
11-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I heard about this on the radio yesterday. Apparently, swimming in the beer is supposed to cure all kinds of ailments and clean your skin and stuff. I doubt any of that is true. It seems kind of gross actually. What a sticky once you get out.

"I don't drink out of your toilet.....so don't piss in my pool of beer."

MelbaToast
11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
I love me some beer, but this sounds like a terrible, terrible idea.

Panthera
11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeast infections are caused by a different microbe anyway, I believe.

shunoshi
11-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Isn't the yeast dead already once the beer is refrigerated? Or maybe they'll cut out the middleman and just brew it in the pool.

However swimming and alcohol? That's an accident waiting to happen.

The yeast wouldn't be dead, just dormant.

I think it'd be an interesting feeling to swim in a carbonated liquid, but you would definitely want a good shower afterwards.

roboninja
11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
What a silly, wasteful idea.