PDA

View Full Version : Is Rob Zombie even trying anymore?

Sandman
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
His new song "What?" off his next album "Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls, and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool" sounds just like the rest of his radio friendly solo crap. Remember when Rob Zombie was cool? What happened?

8Lp3hN_8Ilk

Also....that album cover....meh.

Also his first full length animation feature The Haunted World of El Superbeasto sucked. It could have been written by a 13 year old.

Suave Peanut
10-02-2009, 10:12 AM
It could have been written by a 13 year old.
This pretty much describes his entire body of work.

Bone
10-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Exactly. The only reason I ever thought he was good, IMO, was because I was too young to know better. He proceeded to repeat his formula long enough for me to grow up and realize he had nothing of substance in his music.

Kelegacy
10-02-2009, 10:52 AM
He sucks at everything. Especially making movies.

Dave
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
His new song "What?" off his next album "Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls, and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool" sounds just like the rest of his radio friendly solo crap. Remember when Rob Zombie was cool? What happened?

8Lp3hN_8Ilk

Also....that album cover....meh.

Also his first full length animation feature The Haunted World of El Superbeasto sucked. It could have been written by a 13 year old.

It sounds more like he's ripping off Ministry to me. This isn't all that terrible, but I don't know that I'd want to run out and buy it either. The album cover is silly, but whatever.

Believe it or not, we actually got The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto out here in Thule, Greenland last week and after much debate I picked it up. Yesterday I finished watching it, and I thought that it wasn't really that bad. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would and am going to give my copy to my best friend back home so that he can check it out. After reading tons of shitty Halloween 2 reviews, I was ready to give up on the guy (and still am), but El Superbeasto I enjoyed. It was different, and funny... and I like funny. I think a lot of the Hard 'N Phirm soundtrack had something to do with that, though.

Primus
10-02-2009, 03:15 PM
White Zombie rules.