PDA

View Full Version : Marvelous may port Wii titles to 360/PS3

Wraith
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Marvelous Entertainment, Japanese publisher for games including Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Arc Rise Fantasia, and No More Heroes, may be porting some games in its Wii library to 360/PS3.

From Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/02/marvelous-considering-wii-to-playstation-3xbox-360-ports/):In a financial presentation Marvelous has a new plan for their rich library of properties. First, is moving into multi-platform PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360 development. I can confirm that Rainy Woods, Marvelous’ first title specifically made for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, is still in development. Their other strategy is porting some of their Wii titles to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Arc Rise Fantasia aren’t heavy on motion control so I imagine these would be prime candidates to port. I’d welcome ports of either of these games too since more people would get to play them.

Enough about me. Which Marvelous games would you like to see on high definition consoles? I’ll start counting the votes for No More Heroes and No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle…

danhoo
07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
HD versions of Muramasa and NMH would be sweet. Also, Baroque.

Stoke
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
NMH is the only one of their games that I have any experience with and I don't think it could make the transition. The Wii controls are one of the main things that set it apart. But it's good for the other games that don't rely on the motion controls quite as much. Unfortunately they're all going to look like ass, porting a game from a low powered console to a higher one for a quick buck rarely produces anything other than eye bleeding.

Wraith
07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately they're all going to look like ass, porting a game from a low powered console to a higher one for a quick buck rarely produces anything other than eye bleeding.I know there's a difference between SD games on an SDTV and on an HDTV... But a game on Wii isn't going to look worse ported to 360 or PS3. Not expecting any HDTV miracles, but they'd have to really botch the port to make it look worse, right?

Mike Kelehan
07-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey, Rainy Woods. I was wondering what happened to that.

Kelegacy
07-02-2009, 11:15 AM
This is awesome news. I think companies could take lower selling games and put them on the 360 with a better turn out. Mad World, anyone?

I'd pay for Wii games on the 360, certain ones anyway.

crazyD
07-02-2009, 11:27 AM
This is awesome news. I think companies could take lower selling games and put them on the 360 with a better turn out. Mad World, anyone?

Another game that works well with Wii controls, and would probably be less interesting on another system. These might net some extra sales, but when people compare the back of the box to other games available, they may be turned off by the graphics. I wouldn't expect them to sell like gangbusters just because they ported it to the 360. It would be interesting to see if profits even cover conversion costs.

Stoke
07-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I know there's a difference between SD games on an SDTV and on an HDTV... But a game on Wii isn't going to look worse ported to 360 or PS3. Not expecting any HDTV miracles, but they'd have to really botch the port to make it look worse, right?

I guess you're right. They would just seem worse than they really are because of the games they're surrounded by. Hopefully if this does happen they'll be willing to "tighten up the graphics" a bit.

EDIT: Just thought of something. A port of NMH/Madworld using the newly announced motion controls from Sony/MS could be a great addition to the launch lineup of both of those systems.

crazyD
07-02-2009, 03:24 PM
EDIT: Just thought of something. A port of NMH/Madworld using the newly announced motion controls from Sony/MS could be a great addition to the launch lineup of both of those systems.

I dunno, having big launches being ports of old Wii games might just give an unfavorable perception of their control systems.

Kelegacy
07-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I guess you're right. They would just seem worse than they really are because of the games they're surrounded by. Hopefully if this does happen they'll be willing to "tighten up the graphics" a bit.

I would just be happy with a resolution upconversion, like the Xbox games do.

Disgustipated
07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Put Mad World and No More Heroes on 360 and Iwill freakin' buy them.